Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Festivals 2014
  • 113 Comments sorted by
  • giulys - fabulous pics from the gig!  I, too, love the one that HalloweenJack posted.  So... beWITCHing!  
  • just back from Luzern, Blue balls festival.

Played:

Jo
    Not in the right order: Drew, Clay, Stranger, Alvar, Yellow halo, You never know, Annabel, Little bird, Thea
    Number One
    Ride a white horse
    Train
    - Encore:
    Clowns
    Lovely head
    Strict machine

Very nice venue, quiet audience.

Traveled by car, about 300 miles / 480 Km, with one hour of queue at the San Gottardo tunnel in the afternoon
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-07-26 05:53:14
  • Going need to whip the crowd up next week in Copenhagen!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • ok Appy61 !

I've forgot You never know, what a memory ...
    (added)
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-07-26 05:53:10
  • Been at "Les nuits de Fourviere" yesterday, the venue is an ancient theatre outdoors, semi circular with the stage in the center, some rows of seats and big steps where people can seat too, directly on the stone like two thousand years ago. The capacity is about 10 thousand people ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Theatre_of_Fourvière ) and it was full, a great view from the stage. And everyone in the audience had a great view of the stage too, thanks to the raised position, a very smart design.

The audio equipment was all about quality and the voice in particular was in full foreground, but the instruments too had a great volume level. For sure I like the setup with low frequency speakers able to generate wind, but a mid-high range powerful and clean as yesterday is great for the Alison's voice !

The  setlist has been adjusted for the place and the event (not sure about the order):
    Jo
    Drew
    Stranger
    Alvar
    Annabel
    Paper bag
    Clay
    Yellow halo
    Little bird
    You never know
    Thea
    Lovely head
    Clowns
    Utopia

Alison greeted the audience with "bonsoir" and sometime thanked with "merci". After Clay, done with absolute perfection, she asked "how it was ? Good, bad ?" ahaha !
    Thea has been incredible, with those notes going down in frequency superbly developed, beginning with the microphone far from the mouth to give a soft start, and turning it a little bit to change its frequency characteristics, wow ! Things about acoustic studied at the university and seen live from her, impressive.
     Paper bag with whistling, saw the band rehearsing it, it was open to the audience. Then we was asked to form the queue outside but Alison's voice was clearly audible, what a bonus !

Utopia as last with its wonderful C6 as last note, can't find a better end for an evening all about voice. Standing ovation from the audience absolutely deserved, an unforgettable evening
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-07-26 09:15:36
  • ^ sounds great, I saw some photos and the venue looked lovely. Would've liked to have gone to that gig!
  • yes, the venue was very particular and have a charme by itself. I've put few pics on Twitter too. The place is close to the basilique of Notre dame de Fourviere, which is on top of an hill with a great view of the city. Down from the hill there is a river which bridges and surroundings are full of lights at night, really spectacular
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-07-26 13:53:30
  • I'm very envious Giancarlo, sounds like a memorable gig. There's some high quality vids on utube, audio very good.
  • nice vids NovaLasing, in some it's visible my head, I was in third row in the center, with a red shirt
  • Hi everybody, I'm new here :) Got some pics to share with you - here's one of my favourites from the Polish gig in Lublin

• I'm sure everyone's watched it...but here's Les Nuits- Utopia...I love her expressions
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • nice pic Blue_Girl, happy for your meet after the end of the concert !

Been at the Music & Arts festival in Stockholm today, Skeppsholmen, very nice place with a wide canal behind, Goldfrapp was in the afternoon at 16.15. The stage was "T" shaped, with the central part (may be 10 foot / 3 meters wide) extended to the audience (may be by 30 foot). The stage was very high (8.5 foot) and surrounded by barriers, so I put myself on the Charlie side, as much as possible closest to Alison, not difficult because there was two persons there.
    The group entered on the stage without Angie, substituted by Hazel Mills (she tweeted about the thing), and Alison joined the group wearing sunglasses, because the Sun was shining almost in front of her.
    The songs performed was:
    Utopia (cinema version, i.e. with the Alison's voice superimposed to the high notes, recorded, at the start)
    You never know
    Thea
    Yellow halo
    Alvar
    Little bird
    Lovely head
    Number one
    Train

A short setlist but very effective. The festival is still going on, I'm hearing it from the hotel ...

A pic of the setlist is here:
    http://twitpic.com/e9bmtr

Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-08-01 21:36:52
  • Couldn't find anything on Twitter about Angie. Any news on why she was not playing today?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • look for @HazelMills on twitter UT, she plays with Will too.
    No news about Angie ...
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-08-01 21:29:44

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!