July 11th Pordenone - Sexto 'Nplugghed
    July 12th Trencin - Pohoda
    July 24th Luzern - KKL - Blueballs festival
    July 25th Lyon - Fourviere
    July 31st Copenhagen - Tivoli
    August 1st Stockholm - Skeppsholmen
    August 21st London - ORNC Greenwich

Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-04-25 03:50:22
  • Yeah. I finally got some tickets for Cologne today. Will try and grab some nice pictures to post later.
    Be patient.
  • https://twitter.com/thecaptainj/status/469953417033809920

Playlist. Not surprising though still more than awesome. Good choice for an event like this.
    Be patient.
  • Glad you were awed! :-) What were the crowd like?
  • Koln and Istanbul: I've slept sixteen hours tonight, tired, but nice travels and events.
    The hotel was close to the venue in Koln, and it was early for the check in, so I'm gone to the E-Werk to take a look: Goldfrapp was rehearsing ! I listened Alvar, Clay, Yellow halo, Thea, Drew, Ride a white horse, Little bird, You never know, Number one and Strict machine, what a bonus !
    Met Olivier and the blonde boy from Berlin, and been in the front center with them. There has been some other performing before Goldfrapp, I can't remind many details, one of them jumped from the stage on a big loudspeaker to be closer to the audience.
     Alison has introduced some new notes in Ride a white horse, very interesting, and performed a great Strict machine, together with the others of course.
    Audience was ok, but far from the extraordinary one in Glasgow for example ...
    Olivier brought me back in the hotel (thanks) with his car, where I slept for ... three hours, because there was a tram/train/plane travel to do really early. The best combination found to go to Istanbul was to come back in Milan, wait 6 hours in the airport and then to get another plane.
    Once landed I've got a bus to Taksim, and reached my hotel near the bridge of Karakoy (breathtaking view from there). The next morning I've visited the Sultanahmet camii (the Blue Mosque), then traveled to another hotel in Sariyer, closer to the venue, and scarily luxurious ... I had booked the low price ones, can't imagine how are the super pricey ones !
    The Chillout festival was on the hill and there I briefly met Little Fabien, a girl that hand mades dolls inspired to musicians (Alison too !).
    The two groups before Goldfrapp was interesting, one had a woman able to do some high notes, the other had a very sympathetic bongo player.
    The Goldfrapp setup was done by a carpet, as in Koln, unrolled on the stage and already having the positions for the mic and the other objects. The lights was on some stands with wheels, as the drum and the keyboards, all very modular for a fast setup.
    Alison started with Utopia nuclearizing the audience, and Lovely head, Thea, Number one, Train, Ride a white horse, Yellow halo, Little bird, You never know, Strict machine has been performed too. Alvar too if I remember well, sorry for the memory !
    Outside the park people, cars, cabs and buses quickly formed a big traffic jam, so I preferred to come back to the hotel by foot, running down from the hill in the empty road ahaha !
  • Wow! What an adventure!
  • Official live footage from Cologne! Drew, Alvar & Little bird. :-)

• thanks for the report Giancarlo! and the upload HJ :)
  • ^ well, I just linked to it.. not my upload :-)

Totally out-of-the-blue, wasn't it? A lot of happy frappers today methinks!

• Just watching it - haven't seen Giancarlo yet!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • ^ well, I just linked to it.. not my upload :-)

Totally out-of-the-blue, wasn't it? A lot of happy frappers today methinks!

i know, i was just been over enthused  ;)
  • Alex going a bit off piste at the end of Alvar - is he allowed? I image Alison to be a bit of a perfectionist. I see the audience clapped in the wrong place during Little Bird - as usual!
  • Giancarlo said:

Met Olivier and the blonde boy from Berlin, and been in the front center with them. 

What? No... I've just missed you then. :/
    Be patient.
  • Blimey you get about a bit Giancarlo!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!