Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Copenhagen concert July 31st 2014
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • Appy61 said:

Yes, that's right. We glow around the edges. Obviously had our Ready Brek !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • What a beautiful place. Have a fab time there. X
  • According to Twitter, Alison is now on her way to Stockholm. I wonder if the weather is as nice there as Copenhagen ?
  • Now in Louisiana. No, not the American state; the Modern Art museum up the coast from Copenhagen, as featured in the book '1001 things to see before you die'. Beautiful view overlooking the Denmark Sound across to Sweden. I must remember to tell my Swedish mate Anna I have seen her homeland from a distance.
    We went to Kronborg Slot this morning; also in the book. This is the Castle of Elsinore where Shakespeare set Hamlet.
  • The 'unofficial' Danish chapter of the Goldfrapp fan club met up in Copenhagen tonight; sadly sans Goldfrapp themselves. Beers were shared between @Giancarlo, Mr & Mrs Appy and Mr & Mrs UT and we chewed the cud over music and all things Frappy for an hour or more. He is off to Stockholm tomorrow (lucky bugger) but the UT's at least will catch up again at Greenwich, providing Madame does not have another fit of pique !
    We have had a good time but it could have been sooo much better !
  • thanks for the beer UT, nice Frappy meeting, I like a lot to hear histories about gigs near and far in the past !
  • Giancarlo said:

thanks for the beer UT, nice Frappy meeting, I like a lot to hear histories about gigs near and far in the past !

No problem Giancarlo. Nice to meet you. Don't forget to post up what you remember of the set list from Stockholm.
  • Last word (probably) about Copenhagen. The Tivoli concert hall is situated within the Tivoli Gardens, and you have to pay to get into the Tivoli, a sum of 99 Dk ( about £11.50 at current rates). The cost of entry into the gardens was included in the concert ticket price which made them appear disproportionately expensive compared to other gigs. This may be what put some people off, not realising that the ticket allowed you to enter Tivoli and access all the facilities within. As I said earlier in the week, the Tivoli Gardens were absolutely delightful and worth the entrance fee and we have nothing like it in the UK that I can think of. Think a scaled down Disney world or Alton Towers but right in the centre of a capital city, with beautiful,gardens and dancing waters and laser light shows each night. I never went but I imagine Battersea Park was the nearest we had, but this was sadly shut down around 30 years ago.
  • Nearly the last word - just got my refund and I'm £23 down on the deal due to short payment of 97DK (assumed admin fee) and the exchange rate. Nice - £23 not to see Goldfrapp on top of the fortune spent getting/staying there. So if the venue made £10 admin fee on all tickets they sold/refunded then that's not a bad business to be in!!!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!