Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Copenhagen concert July 31st 2014
  • 39 Comments sorted by
  • ^
    Very curious to know the reason! Maybe a slight glimmer of hope would be that more tickets could be made available for those who were going to this one. Sometimes a financial refund doesn't seem enough but there's nowt anyone can do about it. My heart goes out to those who were going though.
  • ^
    Very curious to know the reason! Maybe a slight glimmer of hope would be that more tickets could be made available for those who were going to this one. Sometimes a financial refund doesn't seem enough but there's nowt anyone can do about it. My heart goes out to those who were going though.

To be honest HB, the money is not that important. We will still get a break in a capital city none of us have been to before, so not a complete bust. My issue is the loss of the concert experience, which is irreplaceable. In economics, this would be called an opportunity cost. We watch the skies for further news...
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ok. Some of us are still going because we have hotels and flights booked so, if you are in the same spot, why do we not meet up and make the best of it/bitch together.
    We (Appy's and UT's ) arrive late Wednesday afternoon and are staying in the Grand. We leave late afternoon in Friday. If you want to meet up, post here where you are and when and we can take it from there. I think @Giancarlo is still going, what about you @CaravanGirl?
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-07-25 16:27:14
  • yes I'm going, I have a flight to Stockholm on Aug 1st from there so I need to go.
    Think that I've booked the flight to Copenhagen two times, because I've forgot that I had already done it, too many travels ahaha !

I'll be at the Cabinn city, in Mitchellsgade 14, very close to the Tivoli gardens, we can go to venue to ask about the thing. I'm on Twitter as @1Gcarlo, you can contact me there.

Money come and go so we'll forget about they, but the concert experience is priceless, I fully agree ...
    Post edited by Giancarlo at 2014-07-26 04:52:22
  • Giancarlo said:

Money come and go so we'll forget about they, but the concert experience is priceless, I fully agree ...

Indeed...
  • Giancarlo said:

Indeed...

Are you still going @CaravanGirl? You must have had flights and a hotel booked as well?
  • Well, just so you all know, we've arrived in Copenhagen !
  • This should be a beautiful trip, despite the apparent let-down.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Been here about an hour. First impressions is Germany crossed with Holland.
  • See?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Well, the posters are still posted up around the gardens and no mention of it being cancelled.
    The Tivoli Gardens are a delight. Rides everywhere you look and thousands upon thousands of coloured lights. The concert hall as well is a real treat and it is a shame that it will not be graced tomorrow by the sounds of Alison's wonderful voice. Apparently, Walt Disney came here many years ago and it is on the Tivoli Gardens that he based his concept of Disney World.
    Worth coming for this alone.

• Not sure this will work from the iPad - the Tivoli Venue
    https://twitter.com/appy_61/status/494552376364515328
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • https://twitter.com/appy_61/status/494607907158523904 last one for tonight. Nighty night
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!