Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 3229 Comments sorted by
  • iuventus said:

Our founding fathers would be proud, PoGu.

I'm proud of them too for fucking all their slaves. Good job boys! Alot of good escaping the Crown and taxation did. (My God, I sound so cynical right now! Maybe it's because I worked a 12 hour day on the 4th)
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-07-08 02:15:06
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Oh you two are terrible gossips! I can't tell you anything :P
    I feel like a million bucks cuz i'm gonna watch the live stream of Goldfrapp at Montreuxs Jazz Fest in a few moments! And i didn't have to spend a fortune on airfare :)

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • A_is_A said:

Oh you two are terrible gossips! I can't tell you anything :P
    I feel like a million bucks cuz i'm gonna watch the live stream of Goldfrapp at Montreuxs Jazz Fest in a few moments! And i didn't have to spend a fortune on airfare :)

And it's thanks to you A_is_A for pointing out the link that we got to see it here, otherwise, we would never have known, so thanks for that, and award yourself whatever your secret pleasure of the moment is!
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ponygurl said:

Alot of good escaping the Crown and taxation did. (My God, I sound so cynical right now! Maybe it's because I worked a 12 hour day on the 4th)

You should see/hear how I've been attacked by friends and family over the years for bringing such matters to light on Memorial Day, Independence Day, etc. over the years. I had to delete a cousin from facebook because he got exceedingly and drunkenly abusive. (Didn't really like him much anyhow.)
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Kinda off, cold and tired, could use a hug
    Post edited by rewak at 2014-07-14 07:33:54
  • >:D< ...well, I'm outside on the porch right now..listening to alligators croak, and some weird-ass flying bug just landed on me. Ahhhhhhhh, the tropics.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Tropicordial ... I read that made up word today and i really liked it:)

Praise for a Color

Yellow infers from itself papayas and their pulp,
    penetrable yellow.
    At noon: bees, sweet stinger and honey.
    Whole eggs and their nucleus, the ovum.
    This interior thing, miniscule.
    From the blackness of the blind viscera,
    hot and yellow, the miniscule speck,
    the luminous grain.
    Yellow spreads and smooths, a downpour
    of the pure light of its name,
    tropicordial.
    Yellow turns on, turns up the heat,
    a charmed flute,
    an oboe in Bach.
    Yellow engenders.

LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ¿'Tas cubana, A?
  • Claro:)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ¡Eh, guajira!
    =))
  • Guantanamera! Partly, my dad is from Holguin and my mom is from Santa Clara, but thankfully for me they met in the Good Ol' U.S. Of A! what's your background J ?
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-07-15 19:51:25
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • We travelled the length and breadth of Cuba last Summer. Wow. Beautiful country, fascinating history. We climbed up to Castros hideout in the forest; visited the site of the rail truck derailment; went up into the rain forests, visited all the major towns, stayed in hotels, lodges ( with visiting tarantulas!), and in Cuban family's home......awesome time. I cuddled an iguana and gave a coconut to a giant hermit crab to lodge in ( he was happy!). And we had a ride in a vintage Dodge or Chevvy ( can't remember) and watched the local " joyriders" racing horses along the streets. If you can, go!
    Viva La Revolution!
  • I thought @KatRobin would be dancing a jig today, considering old Gove got the push yesterday from the Dept of Education !
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • UT........ I'm not the kind to gloat! Heh heh!

But YEAH there were end of term tired shenanigans round the coffee table at our house! The guy at work who told me received a big hug from me in the dinner queue, which prob caused some strange looks, but he's about 7 ft tall, ex rugby player and looks like our Will, so I had a little thrill!
  • There is of course more I would like to say about Minger Gove but at the risk of a) boring everyone, b) facing a libel suit and c) speaking ill of the "dead" then I'll restrain myself. The thought of him as Chief Whip or with a whip is making my cornflakes curdle.......bluuuurgh!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!