Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • Zero 7 - Simple Things

...on eo fthose albums I don't often play but on a scorching day the fat intro to 'I have Seen ' comes  on in my head :-)

• Not seen that either carpy! Cheers. You can hear Neu in there they just had to strip out all the Jazz / Prog and mechanise it! Actually Kraftwerk prt 2 made a much larger leap. If you take out the electronics they bascially ended up doing 3 mins electro pop songs.

• it wasn't the direction I sound i hoped for.

In total agreement, though my direction would have been different than yours.  It's still Goldfrapp, so I'm totally pleased, but not the "capture my attention" that the vast majority of their previous work does to me.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-06-13 11:02:02
  • Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence (the album).

Loving it...bringing Dan Auerbach (The Black Keys) in to produce was rather inspired. I love the sound they came up with.

Favorite songs (so far) are, Cruel World, Shades Of Cool, Old Money, The Other Woman, Black Beauty, I actually really like every song except two of the three bonus tracks on the deluxe edition.
    Post edited by hunter at 2014-07-06 03:39:03
  • hunter said:

Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence (the album).

came here to post this. i never paid attention to her before but i thought id give this album a shot and im glad i did. its so good

Tales of Us... ...Unlike most of you here, it wasn't the direction I sound i hoped for. I wanted a return to the thoughtful / chilled felt mountain but not such a straight John Barry/film music homage.

yes exactly
  • Venetian Snares - My Love Is A Bulldozer - My Love Is A Bulldozer

/romanticore

I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • New First Aid Kit. Steadily growing on me.

• Little Dragon - @ Aufnahmezustasnd - Little Man/My Step
    Post edited by LuDux at 2014-06-14 10:12:33
  • Drexciya - Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller I - Wavejumper
  • Galliano - The Plot Thickens - Twyford Dawn
  • Flyleaf- Fully Alive. She rock it
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • ^ what may i ask is your new profile pic Pony? Looks like a naked lady being whipped. 

Nothing gets past me ;-)

Me: After trying again to get into Sharon Van Etten and failing again (on paper i should love it but it's like Martha Wainwright all over again!) 

So i'm having a Royksopp fest... Good for this heatwave we are having.
  • Slagsmalsklubben - Little Red Riding Hood.

I especially like the animation that goes with it.

• Just heard Planet Caravan by Black Sabbath. If you think you know what Black Sabbath music is like, all nasty loud rock music and thrashing guitars by drug obsessed crazies, then listen to this. (Quiet, slow and melodic music by drug obsessed crazies !)
    Some nice acoustic guitar work at the end by Mr Iommi
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • General Electrics - - Helicopter/David Lynch Moments

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!