Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • The Kick Inside (the track) by Kate Bush while listening to 6 Music tonight. It's been years since I have heard this and had forgotten just how amazing it is. I particularly like the way it just...ends !
    Class.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC on 6 Music. Classic early days stuff with Bon Scott on vocals.
  • Diskjokke - En Fin Tid - Bastard Alliance
    Post edited by LuDux at 2014-05-31 18:10:55
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Karl Hyde - Edgeland - Final Ray Of The Sun
    Orbital - In Sides - The Girl With The Sun In Her Head
    Post edited by LuDux at 2014-06-01 05:50:36
  • 2 brilliant new albums this week

First Aid Kit - Stay Gold (more of same but bigger!)

...and more importantly after seeing Juanita playing guitar in the Kaiser Chiefs drummers new band in Brighton the other week, there is a new ...

Howling Bells album out.  Heartstrings. Back to their debut sound!!! Brilliant!:-)

Add to that the excellent new Wolf Alice ep it's a cracking week fro music in my house (head).

• Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Everything ridiculously wonderful (and wonderfully ridiculous) about rock music in three glorious remastered deluxe packages.

The remastering job is sublime and III especially never sound so good - considering it's a 44 year old album (yikes, that's scary!) then that's saying something....
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Howling Bells album out.  Heartstrings. Back to their debut sound!!! Brilliant!:-)

Really unsure of this one yet - had been quite excited from comments like yours having found the two previous albums to be big let downs after the utterly excellent debut.......but so far it's bouncing off me and refusing to play nice. Maybe I've just played their initial era releases so much that anything else they do is always going to be unfavourably compared?

My jury is hopeful, but currently out, on this one!
  • Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Everything ridiculously wonderful (and wonderfully ridiculous) about rock music in three glorious remastered deluxe packages.

The remastering job is sublime and III especially never sound so good - considering it's a 44 year old album (yikes, that's scary!) then that's saying something....

Just received I & II myself Carpy and agree; brilliant. Is 4 sticks up for the same?
  • Amy LaVere's lovely new album "Runaway's Diary"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin II

Led Zeppelin III

Just received I & II myself Carpy and agree; brilliant. Is 4 sticks up for the same?

As far as I've read (and if I understand your question right!) then yes - they're doing all of them but just these three for now then the next pile possibly late this year or early next rather than bombard people with too many at once.
  • "Finish on Top," John Grant and S.S. Sól
    "I Try to Talk to you," Hercules & Love Affair ft. John Grant

I like H&LA, but I'm not crazy about them. I am crazy about Grant's voice though. "Finish on Top" is a good bit of fun.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Dani Siciliano - Likes... - Come As You Are
    Earthling - Humandust - Saturated
    Post edited by LuDux at 2014-06-05 17:27:22
  • On a Cocteau Twins bender here. Needed something to exorcise the inner demons.
    If I were dead, could I do this?

• Just received I & II myself Carpy and agree; brilliant. Is 4 sticks up for the same?

As far as I've read (and if I understand your question right!) then yes - they're doing all of them but just these three for now then the next pile possibly late this year or early next rather than bombard people with too many at once.

You understood correctly. Great news. My existing copy of Led Zepplin 4/4 Sticks/4 Symbols is on pink vinyl.
    Keep an eye on the Icons thread. For a Zep fan, there may be something of interest....
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-06-05 18:45:22
  • iuventus said:

I am crazy about Grant's voice though.

I second that. Just booked tickets for a show in july.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!