Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 1299 Comments sorted by
  • That's something that really drives me crazy about language.  To me, French is the most beautiful language in the world and I can sympathize with the French for having their language chosen 2nd International language.  I would guess that, while the French invented spying, their subterfuge was just not up to snuff when the primary language was chosen.  Anyway, back to what drives me crazy about language.  I haven't a clue what English sounds like to someone who doesn't speak the language.  I have a hard time believing it's nearly as beautiful to llsten to as French or Italian, while I doubt it's as machine-gunny as Japanese or German sound to me or as hyper-stressed as Chinese sounds to me.
  • What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Appy61 said:

No. if it was, the picture would be from behind

I feel I should point out the error that the Amy Winehouse lookie/likey in the middle lane has made in that she is gonna get one hell of a wind resistance off that beehive style 'do.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • ^
    Maybe the back of the beehive hair is aerodynamically shaped, like Chris Hoy's helmet.

(Stop that sniggering at the back of the room)
  •  
    Still having difficulties uploading photos and because im driving myself mad with moaning about it (let alone other people!) then if this doesnt work I officially GIVE UP lol! I still cant copy an URL of a photo in my Flickr collection into the Insert Image box, nothing happens. So Im just wondering if the URL in this text box provides a link? If it does, then a piccy of my 2 mutts should appear, if not , .....well (slams door and goes off in a huff)......
    :-?
    Post edited by KatRobin at 2014-06-01 05:19:36
  • I took it out cos it linked to my whole photo collection! 
    a) It could incriminate me (!!!!)
    b) It could bore anyone senseless
    c) Most likely - knowing me - it could nuke the whole Message Board. I have had that effect on photocopiers and i can set off ASDA alarms just by walking IN the door. Which puzzles the security guards.

• @KatRobin
    Hey Kat. Don't give up. If you got that far, you did everything right except you picked the wrong link on the Flickr page. If you do it as Flickr recommend, and use the 'share' button and copy the link from there, you get a link to your whole photo stream. If you look at the post I did above, with the dog dressed as Yoda, that is the way I have found works. You click on the you want in your photo stream, click the 3 circles icon on the right, from that page click 'Download/view all sizes', then click 'view all sizes', click 'medium' and that brings up a version of your photo. Right click on it and the click' copy picture location'. That is the one you paste into your post and that will just copy in that one picture.
    If necessary, we will do this by screen grab pictures.
  • Don't give up, Kat.  You're almost there!!!
  • Don't Give Up- Kate Bush / Peter Gabriel....ooops! Wrong thread!
  • Zippadeedodah! Zippadeeay! Ive posted my first piccy today! Thanks UT and WW. Here are my lil critters. Now I know what to do Ill be posting a-plenty on all threads!
  • Yay! Don't give up, as you say. Look forward to some art pics.
  • For those still struggling with this upload malarky here's a short vid showing how I do it on the Mac. THat's if I can figure how to upload the vid!!! Next master class methinks - any tips form anyone?
    Post edited by Appy61 at 2014-06-01 17:25:55
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • cute dogs kat, check out the pet thread http://www.goldfrapp.com/forum/discussion/18/pet-stuff/p3
    theres a picture of my dog in there.
  • Hooray!!!!  Yay Kat!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!