Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
What`s the last film you watched ?
  • 1165 Comments sorted by
  • Omigod!  X-Men used a title from a Moody Blues Album??!?!  Too funny!
  • I loved X-Men: Days Of Future Past (admittedly, I am a comic book fan and have been since I was a youngster and next to Batman/Catwoman, X-Men are my fave). I felt like this new X-Men movie delivered on all fronts, despite not quite clearing up some of the massive continuity issues from past films. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Did a double feature and followed it up with Godzilla which I also thought was loads of fun.
  • '2001: A Space Odyssey'

Stupendous on the big screen.

Oh, and last night, I finally saw 'Under the Skin.' Sexy yet repetitive. 'The Man who Fell to Earth' of the day. Some handsome erections; and I must say that Scarlett Johansson may be one of the decade's most beautiful women. I was sad at the end. It was that of the skin, not the alien woman's fate, that touched me.
    Post edited by iuventus at 2014-05-25 04:13:02
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Dreeke said:

X-Men - Days of Future Past

Another fine X-Men movie with Brian Singer at the helm.
    Quicksilver is a fun new character

watched it on friday and didn't want it to end. i remember when the first image of quicksilver was released and a lot of people thought how lame he looked, his performance really turns that around in the film. loved him. we'll see more of him in the next one.

people who haven't seen it yet, remember to wait till the very end of the credits ;)
  • Add another happy viewer for the X-Men movie - thought it had wit, set pieces and trod the line of playing to the fanboys and standing alone in the film franchise very well indeed.

If I had to nit pick I'd have happily had more Storm but she's had plenty of action in previous films so I guess it's not too bad to mix it up a bit?

@Hunter - continuity issues in the X-Men universe are part of the universe it seems - the number of times some characters have lived and died in various places in various ways is getting to the point where I just go with it!  :D
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Maleficent - surprisingly pleasing twist on a tale with Jolie turning in a joyously delicious turn.

The first 20 minutes could do with being an hour to flesh things out but the Mouse House were never going to risk a PG movie the best part of 150min. Also some of the 3D is perfect and other bits a little wonky but that said, once it finds its feet (wings?) and settles into the story proper it runs along nicely with some great set pieces and line delivery from Jolie just oozing relish in her part.

I've seen some 3/5 reviews and a few 5/5 but it's probably a strong 4/5 for me. It's not Batman dark/grim but for a Disney film they're definitely pushing their own boundaries a little that'll scare a few tots and break a few tropes.

Go see it - those cheekbones are a joy to behold......
  • Maleficent - surprisingly pleasing twist on a tale with Jolie turning in a joyously delicious turn.

I was going to go and see this last night or tonight but my local cinema has all the showings in 2D (well it has 3D but they're at 10:30am and 4:30pm!) and the trailers all look like it was made for 3D and as much as I HATE 3D films, I feel like I'd be missing out a little if I didn't do it.  Am I right? Either way, I've been invited for board games and cake tonight so I'm not going to go and see it until next week anyway! 

It's quite short isn't it? Does it feel like it? 

I was going to go and see this last night or tonight but my local cinema has all the showings in 2D (well it has 3D but they're at 10:30am and 4:30pm!) and the trailers all look like it was made for 3D and as much as I HATE 3D films, I feel like I'd be missing out a little if I didn't do it.  Am I right? Either way, I've been invited for board games and cake tonight so I'm not going to go and see it until next week anyway! 

It's quite short isn't it? Does it feel like it? 

It's the very usual 97min but it does feel like they've had to rush some bits, especially in the first third, to get it down to that time. As mentioned before, I would have been very happy for it to have been at least another 40min or so long. As it stands there are no bits that drag and it bounds along carrying you with it pretty well.

Never mind the running time, though - it's Jolie's film and she really makes the most of it - she looks amazing and revels in it.

One extra thing I'd add to my initial post from last night is that on reflection I'm surprised/pleased that they haven't felt like they had to have lots of kid-friendly silly bits dotted all the way through like most Disney ones seem to pander too. Yes, there's some light releif characters like the three useless fairies but they're used sparingly and most of the rest of the humour is dry Maleficent lines. It does seem like a PG that didn't feel it had to play to being one, if that makes sense?

Anyhoo, go and see it and let me know what you think!
  • X-Men for me and loved it!
  • Got Adventureland in pound land after visiting a kids theme park at weekend. Loved it. Lovely pace.

Also after seeing Runaways the other month I have developed a crush on Kirsten Stewart. Seemgingly against most of teh young poeple (especially girls) I work with. Luckily I haven't seen any of the Twighlight series.

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2014-05-29 05:15:17
  • the punk singer - loved it.
  • Veronika Decides To Die

So beautiful, it made me cry. Such a nice surprise hearing Frapp show up on the soundtrack too! That was just what I needed right now.
  • SPOILER ALERT-----Everything Carpy said and more. Last night I went to see it again in 2-D still good, but in 3-D it's a treat for the eyes. I kept muttering under my voice, 'I wish I lived there, I wish I lived there.' And when she walks with her powers and all the rocks blow away. I cried when they trapped her with that metal net and she says to her spirit friend, "Be of a dragon."
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• Hey Bananaman! 
    I liked Meleficent too. I liked it more than i thought i would. 

Hope you're feeling OK.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I think I've found my new favorite lesbo movie! It's Swedish and it's called Kyss Mig or English translation Kiss Me. Excellent story, beautifully shot...mmmmm and the love scenes. Someone made a love scene montage-
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!