Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4411 Comments sorted by
  • Bush - Letting the Cables Sleep.
    Picked it up from the tag scene of a Charmed episode. Does anyone have any knowledge of them as this sounds brill. It must be from around 2000 - 2001.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-05-18 12:37:31
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Sitting on the dam out at the lake, the sun is setting and it is a gorgeous spring evening.

Shuffle just played;

lisahall - Is This Real
    Beth and Maggie Green - The Parting Glass (from The Walking Dead soundtrack)
    Nosaj Thing feat Kazu Makino - Eclipse Blue
    Goldfrapp - Paper Bag

Sometimes shuffle suprises me. Stunningly perfect!
    Post edited by hunter at 2014-05-18 22:57:03
  • My smart phone is slaying it...

After Paper Bag;

Anya Marina - Satellite Heart
    Tricky - Valentine
    Antony And The Johnsons - Swanlights
    The xx - Basic Space (Jamie xx's Space Bass Edit)
    Burial - Stolen Dog
    Apparat - Goodbye
    Massive Attack feat Terry Callier - Live With Me

And now the stars are out. Perfect!
  • Bush - Letting the Cables Sleep.
    Picked it up from the tag scene of a Charmed episode. Does anyone have any knowledge of them as this sounds brill. It must be from around 2000 - 2001.

Were big in America. Singer is married to Gwen Stefani (No Doubt). Not a massive fan myself but I always loved the remix of the song. Was on a chill out song and always loved it.

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2014-05-20 08:36:32
  • me:

This amazing new Royksopp / Robyn video and track SAYIT... get a drink before you watch it! 

Do it Again was okay but this is proper old skool electronica! Quite hard for me but i'm a bit addicted today. Nobody makes noises quite like them!! Kicks in about 1.50!!

Post edited by tattmaylor at 2014-05-20 08:40:10
  • hunter said:

Sometimes shuffle suprises me. Stunningly perfect!

I youtubed through a few of your choices (from both messages).  Awful nice, and new for me.  I've copied them all down - except Paper Bag, of course.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-05-20 09:10:36
  • So glad you enjoyed them Whickwithy.
  • Just saw SOHN in concert. Great show...pulled out his debut album Tremors for the trip home. Never get tired of listening to the song 'Lights'.
  • laika - Sounds Of The Satellites - Shut Off/Curl Up
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Electrospective compilation I picked up at a very reasonable price very recently, so I can't really complain. It has quite a lot going for it as a retrospective of electronic music, nice the way it goes from the Doctor Who theme to Strict Machine. However, it is by no means a conclusive retrospective of electronic music, and I must say I am a little baffled by how an electronic music retrospective comp, not least one released by EMI can leave out Kraftwerk. Not a bad little comp, even if it does  bypass a lot of important contributions to electronic music, at least it has plenty of classics (and one or two duffs).
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2014-05-27 14:21:41
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Matthew Herbert - Scale - Just Once
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Courtney Barnett

adorable....
  • Archive - Axiom

One of their best since You All Look The Same To Me imho
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Theme from Taxi Driver by Bernard Herrmann.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!