Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • The Eccentronic Research Council feat Maxine Peake
    "Underture: 1612"

If you've not heard this yet then you should - Maxine Peake's utterly glorious northern spoken word and some bonkers/brilliant analogue synth magic all tied together around the time of the Pendle Witch trials and Granny Demdike.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Dreeke said:

This new Natalie Merchant song.
    It's...eh... It's... Wow... Lost for words

http://www.npr.org/event/music/300700025/first-watch-natalie-merchant-giving-up-everything

-Dreeke
    Wow had not seen the video for this! It had me glued to my seat. It's very heavy! I had the pleasure of hearing her sing this live a few months ago while she was in town touring this new album. She was wonderful! Great voice, great storyteller, see her if she comes around. She's touring it with a full orchestra, a'la Goldfrapp. It's wonderful.

^ Carpy,
    Who's the pretty redhead in the laundromat ;) The witch isn't bad either?!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-04-10 11:32:39
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • This is Desire? and Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea- PJ Harvey - The Story of Us-GoldFrapp, My Oracle Lives Downtown-William Orbit and The History of Ancient Rome-G. Fagan lectures.
  • The Eccentronic Research Council feat Maxine Peake
    "Underture: 1612"

If you've not heard this yet then you should - Maxine Peake's utterly glorious northern spoken word and some bonkers/brilliant analogue synth magic all tied together around the time of the Pendle Witch trials and Granny Demdike.

Looks like the welcome wagon has rolled out, or is this a late trick or treat?
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • A_is_A said:

-Dreeke
    Wow had not seen the video for this! It had me glued to my seat. It's very heavy! I had the pleasure of hearing her sing this live a few months ago while she was in town touring this new album. She was wonderful! Great voice, great storyteller, see her if she comes around. She's touring it with a full orchestra, a'la Goldfrapp. It's wonderful.

sadly, she hardly tours The Netherlands....

Managed to see her three times though. Love her.
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2014-04-11 08:25:05
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • The B52's Planet Claire album.
    Planet Claire
    Rock Lobster
    Strobe Light - 'Wanna make love to you under the strobe light' . 'Then I'm gonna kiss your pineapple' (scream)
    And the wonderful Wig.
    'Whats that on your head - a wig'.
    Baby's got a wig
    Kate's got a wig
    Fred's got a cheap toupee !
    Wonderful innocent stuff. Love 'em.
  • The Worst
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Pale Green Ghosts by John Grant.
    I here he is a Goldfrapp fan so, literally, a GMF ! A gent too. If you look at the video for GMF, he takes his glove off to shake hands with someone he meets in the street. That's manners ! Then dances like a loon at the end.
  • Lana Del Rey - West Coast
  • The Honey Trees - Bright Fire

Wonderful debut album from this lovely Californian dreampop duo.
    Post edited by Dreeke at 2014-04-16 06:10:17
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • The Weeknd - Coming Down (from the brilliant, sick, twisted and gorgeous House Of Balloons)
  • I was looking up Wim Wenders scenes and came across this Radiohead clip.. http://youtu.be/ee05p1I464s ugh, having a good cry now...must be that time of month coming. :o3
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • I'm listening to 6 music and Mark Radcliffe, and he is playing 'A walk in the Black Forest by Horst Jankowski. Great vid on YouTube of this being played on a record player ON VINYL!
    Ah. I fell all cosy now and am thinking about my childhood.
  • Ponygurl said:

I was looking up Wim Wenders scenes and came across this Radiohead clip.
    Hey PG. Thanks for posting this clip. Mrs UT & I (we have had our anti biotics today thank you) both love Radiohead but had not seen this video before, so thanks as we would not have seen it without the post. Is this the official video for the song?
    Are you a R.H. Fan? There is talk of a reconciliation, new album and possible tour I here.

• Just watched this again on the big screen, and then the official video and this one is much better. Both have images of street lamps interestingly and the one in the video you have posted at 2.30 ish remind me of the heads of the alien ships in George Pal's War of the Worlds film.
    Does it remind you in places of the short film for Laurel?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!