Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Awww, sweet... ;) Miami strip clubs....reminds me of 2LiveCrew, hahaha! My bday was last week and now I'm currently single..so really anything could happen..!
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Now i have to go
    8-|
    But i hope you have a great birthday. TAKE 2, action!
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • Queen. At the races (i think it is called) cd.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Currently unexpectedly obsessed with Donna Summer's "I Remember Yesterday".

• This time i know its for real is one of my all time fave tracks.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • When Alison was our "Auntie".

Such a wonderful time.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Fade Into You - Clare Bowen & Sam Palladio

It's a song from this rediculous, American primetime soap. The show is full of cliched story lines (faked pregnancies to force a marriage, nice girls who accidentally get strung out on pharmaceutical uppers for all the "right" reasons, illigitement children, powerful and murderous politicians, closeted, gay country singers, etc.), it's all quite melodramatic and over the top...but the music is awesome (I would absolutely NOT consider myself a country music fan but I love 70% of the music this show has generated).

T Bone Burnett produces the show's soundtrack and gathers unreleased songs from artists like The Civil Wars and has his cast of very talented actors who can sing and play instruments record and perform them on the show.

Having trouble getting YouTube links into this post from my phone today but if anyone is curious, check out the above mentioned song as well as 'No One Will Ever Love You' by Connie Britton and Charles Esten and 'Nothing In This World Will Ever Break My Heart Again' by Hayden Panettiere on YouTube.

hunter
  • Just discovered Tori's new one http://youtu.be/_EAVmVijVw4 ..it gets cut off at the end though
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

it gets off at the end though

Sounds like a date I once had. Oh, wrong thread.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • marnie - crystal world (first listen no comment!) :)

All I'd like to know is how the rest of the album stacks up against the rather good but quite Ladytron first single, The Hunter. That'll give me a yardstick to work from!

Hunter not really a good guide (thank goodness, for me anyway). If you liked the slow burning torch songs on Witching Hour then you will LOVE this record. Maybe not as different as I hoped (it is Ladytron without the harsher, driving, electronic tracks) although `Violet Affair' has a 60's vibe that i'd love to have seen her taken further - the Bertrand Burgalat remix of he took her to a movie is one of my all time fav. tunes. She could so easily take over vocal duties with Broadcast.

BUT the final track Gold is absolutely brilliant. Buy it for this alone!! Starts with quiet piano and builds to great atmospheric synth solo. This is just on repeat in studio at mo (luckily i'm alone at work). :-)

Is this not brilliant!

Thanks for the intro to Marnie - beautiful
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • SZA's new album Z. Loving it so far.

Ponygurl, thanks for the Tori link...I haf no idea the new song from UG was out already. Digging it.
  • I'm listening to the new Little Dragon, check it here...

Paris on SoundCloud
    http://soundcloud.com/littledragon/little-dragon-paris-zane-lowes

Rubberbands live:

And here:
    Like the song, but when the hand comes out of the grave it totally creeps me out...

Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-04-08 21:40:56
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • This new Natalie Merchant song.
    It's...eh... It's... Wow... Lost for words

http://www.npr.org/event/music/300700025/first-watch-natalie-merchant-giving-up-everything
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Those people who are darker than blue. The version by Babe Ruth, not the original by Curtis Mayfield. Damn Jenny Haan has a powerful voice! She really throws herself into her performance.
    Those people, who are darker than blue
    Are they gonna hang around this town, and let what others say come true
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!