Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • No, not a thread about the Welsh love monster that is Sir Tom Jones, but a home for the wierd and unusal things that happen in life.

I was walking through a shop on Sunday, offending the sensibilities of the God botherers obviously and came across this fantastic sight - a 4 foot tall model of Yoda built out of Lego with a working light sabre ! I don't know about you but it sort of made my Sunday.  Mind you, because of the tag, i'm not allowed out much. Now i look again, he does seem to be wearing a David Starsky cardigan, which I do not remember from Star Wars !

I am sure one of you will let me know if this crosses another thread.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-14 09:00:28
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • 36 Comments sorted by
  • So far, I really like your ideas for threads.  Just saying....
  • What can I say. I am just a fun guy! I have a weird sense of humour and I like to speak my mind. That said, there is room in this world for everyone so just live and let live children !
    For the record, I appreciate your input to the threads. Let's hope we can keep the standard up.
    But seriously, a 4 foot Lego Yoda ? That one was just waiting to get smacked into the bleachers !
  • Just for the record folks the Appy's and Mrs U.T. have lived with this for 20+ years and you do become anaesthetised to it after a while! That said I'm still waiting for the prototype of the auto defibrillator vest and the interchangeable bra cup. And don't even get me started about 'how to dispose of a body' tee hee!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • I always say, the judge of a good friend is would they help you dispose of an inconvieniant corpse. You never know when you may be in the need of a good way to dispose of a body, and when that time happens, it is not then that you want to start thinking about how to do it. It has to be instinctive.
    One of the reasons I like living in the countryside. So much more space!
    The interchangeable cup bra and defib vest are patent pending I am afraid, so cannot divulge anything at the moment. Early work on the prototype defib vest with interchangeable cups is showing promise.
  • They'll be calling us a double act next!
  • Appy61 said:

They'll be calling us a double act next!

That makes you my straight man. A sort of North Essex ( nee Yorkshire ) Ernie Wise!

• Goes with the short fat hairy legs!
  • Oh, man!  Inventions!  Love 'em.  I don't know if you've ever run across the wind up "battery" for a cell phone, but I actully dreamed that up far before it ever existed.  Unfortunately, I dreamed it up for a laptop.  A friend laughed and pictured a person sitting there at his computer with a pedal at this feet like an old time sewing machine.  I figured out that one would have to pedal at about a mile an hour for most laptops.

Favorite inventions:  Velcro and that new can opener that doesn't leave sharp edges and you can still use the lid as a...well, lid!

Runner up: Cloth toilet seat cover from Japan.  Keeps the tush warm instead of sitting on cold, hard plastic.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-15 15:29:30
  • Tush. I love you Americans ! And you think our language is cute !
    Wasn't Tush a record by ZZ Top? 3 members. All had long beards except the drummer, who was called... Frank Beard!
  • Hmmm, should I add "tush" to the word list???

• Hmmm, should I add "tush" to the word list???

You could, but it is only another word for bum/fanny so would only get you 1 point.

I assume you are fully aware that your word for tramp or hobo, we use to mean arse (gluteous maximus to get all technical on your fanny) and to us, fanny means 'private ladies area' , furry front bottom or, as one of our receptionists says where I work 'moo moo' or 'mini moo', along with a load of other terms unmetionable here.  If we could, this would be a very looong list !

• Reciprocate. 

Respond to (a gesture or action) by making a corresponding one: thus:

'You are standing in my way.  I cannot see the band'

'Go f**k yourself.

i think worthy of 2 points as not common parlance.

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-16 12:06:57
  • I think you're in the wrong thread mate - keep up'
  • Appy61 said:

I think you're in the wrong thread mate - keep up'

It's that Whickwhithy ! he started the whole confusion thing, your honour, with bringing up tush here !
    Will re post in proper thread.
  • Appy61 said:

I think you're in the wrong thread mate - keep up'

It's that Whickwithy ! he started the whole confusion thing, your honour, with bringing up tush here ! Will re post in proper thread.
    Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-16 12:55:50

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!