Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 36 Comments sorted by
  • I assume you are fully aware that your word for tramp or hobo, we use to mean arse (gluteous maximus to get all technical on your fanny) and to us, fanny means 'private ladies area' , furry front bottom or, as one of our receptionists says where I work 'moo moo' or 'mini moo', along with a load of other terms unmetionable here.  If we could, this would be a very looong list !

No!  I was not aware.  Brilliant.  I knew about fags and rubbers but not those.  Hmmm, now could I misuse those and get in trouble.  Err, fanny's easy but I'd probably get in trouble using it either way.  But, tramp and hobo...Let's see..."What a tramp!"  Actually, that may turn an offensive statement into a compliment.
    Appy61 said:

I think you're in the wrong thread mate - keep up'

Oops!  My fault, really.  You'd be surprised how often I can go off on tangents or cause digression.  It's one of my specialties.  Yeah, no points for putting it here, UT.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-04-16 13:00:11
  • Actually, WW, fags and rubbers have entered UK English in both forms of rubber, (white sap from a tree to make, say, tyres ( not tires notice?) an alternative for eraser and for condoms (johhnys, dunkies, cock glove, - another very looong list). Same with fags for cigarettes, small boy as a slave at a private school and an offensive term for homosexual.
    Language is a funny thing between nations. In Australia, they use the name 'Durex tape' for what we call Sellotape. In the UK, Durex is a brand of condom. I have always entertained thoughts of big Aussie men binding up their cocks with Sellotape before they set about shagging the Sheila's ( or the sheep)
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • Ah the beauty of English - I'd wager that you can use any word to describe lady parts providing it is delivered in context. Give it a go down the pub!
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • Your right, same as breasts. Mivvie is another favourite word for 'down there'. In the interests of equality, 'nadgers' is a nice little descriptive term for Gentleman's undercarriage.
    I am Roger Mellie !
  • For all American GMB'ers, suggest you visit Viz.co.uk. An offensive, filthy rag of a mag. Puerile and childish in content, but you will laugh your cock off. (If you've got one)
  • Appy61 said:

Give it a go down the pub!

Excellent example!
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Appy61 said:

Give it a go down the pub!

Excellent example!

Funny! Should it be up the pub?

:-j
  • Funny! Should it be up the pub?

Depends on the position.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Quality!
  • Nice to get a twitter reply from our Alison tonight - made my day (easily pleased)
  • That would make my day too.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • When we went to Amsterdam late last year to see GF at the Paradiso, we spent a few days sightseeing. We had an old guide book from our last visit, and one if us had written in the fly leaf, 'Vrolic Museum' and 'Pickled babies in jars!' We tracked it down and it is a medical museum open to the public in a large Hospital just outside Amsterdam. It is full of medical oddities that the Hospital has collected over the last 100 years, including real life Mermaids. Cyclops and just about every other weird Ripley's Believe it or not, type exhibit you can think of. Thought you would all like the skulls. Will see if Mrs UT or one of the Appy61's got a picture of a Mermaid or a Cyclops. And it was all free to visit !

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-04-18 10:40:24
  • This is a friend of ours called Carl.  He is getting married and this is a picture from his stag night.
    His future Mrs posted that she could not wait to marry such a lovely ....
    Is that Christiano Ronaldo on the right ?

• And another.  The deepest respect to this man who understands that their are rules, and always ways around the rules !

• This post is for @KatRobin , another on the path to artistic enlightenment.
    Mrs UT, Appy61, Mrs Appy61 and myself have just returned from a trip to Spain. The Appy's did the F1, then we all did the Dali triangle of his birthplace; with a visit to the Dali theatre/Museum in Figures; Gala Dali's castle home in Pubol and Dali's home on the coast in Portlligat. The theatre/museum in Figueres was designed by Dali himself and is considered to by the largest surrealist work of art in the world. Dali is interred here in a tomb in the basement. The Castell Gala Dali in Pubol was bought by Dali to convert into a home for his wife and muse Gala as he promised to make her Queen of a castle. Gala died here and is interred in a crypt in the basement. There are two crypts side by side in the basement. Dali is allegedly interred at the theatre/museum at Figueres but who occupies the second crypt at Gala's side?
    Finally, at Portlligat, is the home that Dali spent most of his life at. He bought the first fisherman's cottage there in 1932 and eventually bought 7 in total, all of which he converted to make a multi level and quirky home, including a swimming pool shaped like.. well, a penis complete with testicles !
    He lived here until Gala, who lived at the Castell in Pubol (he was only allowed to visit by 'written' invitation from her) died, when he then moved into the Castell himself. His health plummeted as he entered his 80's and he moved to rooms in the theatre at Figueres. He died in 1989 aged 84.
    A couple of pictures are attached. I will post all of them to Flickr and then post a link.
    Theater/Museum at Figueres

Surrealisim at Portlligat

Post edited by Urban_Tribesman at 2014-05-14 19:07:15

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!