Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 37 Comments sorted by
  • My tale sounds so boring now that I'll definitely have to think of something new and truly horrifying.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^ I know you have it in you... ;)
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Ponygurl said:

^ I know you have it in you... ;)

Yes, yes. That's a start...
  • Sounds pretty good so far.... :D
    U R I E L
  • It certainly wasn't a date but the gayest of all guys sent me flowers a couple of days ago AND invited me to dinner?!  And when i say gay it's not a euphemism. I mean, everyone, including myself  just always assumed he was gay.
    I let him down easy, he's very nice (And I might have to work for him one day) but, i was...surprised?! And a little flattered, it was a really tasteful arrangement.
    Too bad, i do like his style though!
    Post edited by A_is_A at 2014-04-03 19:39:50
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • ^ Sweet! I currently have a college boy after me..he's sooo damn cute, but no. I did make out with him though, which is terrible! He gets very aggressive though, so I'll have to cut it off..(the friendship I mean)
    U R I E L
  • You're terrible Muriel! :D I suppose it's good you're single then.
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • I am obsessed with this thread! Horrifying and hysterical at the same time. Thanks Ponygurl.

hunter
  • Oh, and Ponygurl, I am currently dating a sociopath as well. Just realized it a few weeks ago when during a mini blowout between us, he responded to my asking him to stop taking my stuff without asking and then not returning it with,

"Well you know how hard it is for us sociopaths to recognize that we aren't entitled to take others belongings without asking."

He was trying to be funny. My jaw hit the floor and I slowly backed away. Left the house we just moved into together and sat in my car and berated myself for being so blind to what should have been obvious to me from the very beginning.

Fuck! And the worst part is that I am madly in love with him...despite the pathological lying, the constant manipulations, the insanely long criminal record that would take a normal crimal an entire lifetime to accumulate (he is only 25 years old)...sociopaths never really have friends. They have victims and accomplices who end up being victims. I have sociopaths in my family, much experience with them, and have spent my entire adult life running in the opposite direction from them. Can't believe that I allowed myself to fall in love with him (my friends refer to me as "perpetually single hunter", I guard the last remaining shards of my busted, cold heart very closely).

But damn, he is so extraordinarily handsome and it's not just me, everyone stares, drools and fantasizes about him. He is also so very intelligent which was a hugely nice change of pace for me after the string of boring, below average intelligence guys I was dating. He is also hysterical. Makes me laugh so hard, all the time. Very charming. Amazing in bed, just the right amount of kinky for me, road head anyone? So much fun! And he can cook. And the best part? He is as tall as me (rarely happens as I am 6'4") and we wear the same size shoes. My entire wardrobe doubled when we moved in together. Yay for more shoes!!!

Ah well, at least I will be prepared now when it all, enevitably blows up (but damn that one year lease I just signed with him).

hunter

Post edited by hunter at 2014-04-05 16:01:56
  • Oh, Hunter, you need to get away. Break the lease if you have to. While you're crashing on my sofa, I'll give you some tips on finding good shoe bargains.
  • I know iuventus, I know. I'm just not ready to yet. I am working on getting there...but for some reason all logic just disintegrates when I'm with him. I think I am actually addicted to him. I get so frustrated and angry with him, his behavior, doing damage control, picking up the pieces and cleaning up the messes when he's not around and then he walks into the room and BAM! I forget (for the moment at least) everything I was irritated with and just kind of melt...you know, all fuzzy and warm like? And he makes me laugh and smile, feeds me, it is a fascinating feeling for me to feel small and held by someone bigger (even though we are exactly the same size that is how I feel) when we are hugging or snuggled in bed. I crave it. He has some crazy fucking magical super powers and manages to reduce me to a quivering, desperate, needy little puddle in a matter of seconds.

I consider myself (and no, I am not delusional, most of the people I know would agree with this statement) to be a logical and practical person in my day to day life. I have been accused of being cold, distant and unfeeling because of my inability to join in the fray of hysterics and drama anytime something happens.

I know it is unhealthy and will lead to pain and disappointment but right now I am just not ready to go to rehab. And if I do go to rehab right now I guarentee that I'll be right back to this particular vice within a week of completing my 28 days.

So, yeah...for now I will continue to clean the messes and cover up his flaws (I have found myself going to extremes I normally wouldn't to keep my friends from realizing his true nature) all while working to get to place I have to be to quit what has turned out to be quite a lovely rush and high.

hunter
  • Oh, but tips on good shoe bargains are ALWAYS appreciated! ;)

hunter

P.S. I so didn't mean to hijack the thread...back to all your awesome stories of the horror that is dating.
    Post edited by hunter at 2014-04-05 18:14:07
  • You might seek counseling.
  • Oh god. No thanks. My mom is a psychotherapist and it has really turned me off of all that. Don't get me wrong, I respect therapy and recognize that it has helped many people, but for me? Now? Um, no...I don't want or need someone who really doesn't know me peeking in my head and picking apart the pieces that they see. I am always growing and changing and looking at myself and picking up the rocks to see whats under and looking in the cupboards. Part of that whole logical and practical way of existing is being honest, at least with myself, about the ugly and embarrassing things. I know. I see them. I am always finding more of them too...but I also know that as far as him and I are concerned, I am not ready to get off this rollercoaster right now (how often does court ordered rehab work for addicts for example? Not often. They have to WANT to get clean for it to even have a chance of working).

Plus it's mighty expensive and it would make a major dent in my shoe budget.

hunter
    Post edited by hunter at 2014-04-05 18:42:28
  • I'm not hip on psychology as practiced, but you really seem to be in trouble.

Anyhow, I don't share my shoe secrets in written form.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!