Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Birmingham gig - 26 March 2014
  • 53 Comments sorted by
  • DeerStu said:

Hi I'm new here, decided to join after attending last night's amazing concert at the Symphony Hall. I was in the very front row center AA 13 and being so close to Alison was just wonderful. It was very awkward standing up as I was dancing in my seat burning to get up but British awkwardness set in and didn't want to block everyone's view. However when RAWH came on the second time I thought what the hell got up and was able to boogie for the rest of the night. Thea was a special highlight for me :)

Welcome to a great forum :)
    Music Junkie
  • ^ hello deerstu, it was a great gig! :)
  • Nice pics of the show there Tomato.

Sounds a (hopefully) typical 1st night of tour show which often are a nervous affair. Big venue for that to happen as well which probably didn't help.

Great setlist by the look of it. Not dissimilar to last year's Somerset House show which was the best Frapp show I've seen.

Roll on Saturday!
  • rewak said:

Having 2 old extended 7 minute songs in the set is unnecessary, and then of course Strict is extended too! Cut one and make the time for new songs, it is after all the Tales tour. And if they're really set on having so many extended songs in the set I'd still rather they ditched these ones we've had in each tour for donkeys years now and bring back the extended Hairy Trees.

They can keep Little bird in forever for me. Its a monster of a song live.
  • I have my fingers crossed that You Never Know remains in the set-list, especially for Brighton but hopefully Bristol too.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • nice to meet you LittleBird (Kate), St185cs (Mark) and Ultrauk (Pete) !
  • whisperit said:

I have to admit to being the person doing what I call "dancing" at the front near Angie.

Several people remarked upon it as I walked back to the car park afterwards.

I think security were considering having me sectioned but I had ping with me, and she told them she was my carer, so that was ok. 

I was a few rows behind you I think in row E seat 26. I was dancing like a loon too!! I introduced myself not too subtly to the people behind me, and then later on begged them to dance as well!
  • whisperit said:

I have to admit to being the person doing what I call "dancing" at the front near Angie.

Several people remarked upon it as I walked back to the car park afterwards.

I think security were considering having me sectioned but I had ping with me, and she told them she was my carer, so that was ok. 

I was a few rows behind you I think in row E seat 26. I was dancing like a loon too!! I introduced myself not too subtly to the people behind me, and then later on begged them to dance as well!

Welcome to the forum Lillady1975

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!