Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Birmingham gig - 26 March 2014
  • 53 Comments sorted by
  • Every song sung to perfection with Utopia still being a belter. Good lighting and sound. Girl on the strings was very good but misses Davide not being there for a bit more oomph on stage.
    Couple of fluffs like others have mentioned and I was expecting her to smack Seb in the gob for it but he's still bloody good. Charlie excellent and Angie.
    Woman next to me took tut and walked out when everyone stood up but maybe she heard me say a bit loudly "fuck this I'm standing up!".
    Weirdest crowd I've ever been in. Can't put my finger on it but looked as though they didn't want to be there and most looked a bit as we say in Northamptonshire "half sharp".
    No joke, two piss heads were begging in the bar area so well done Birmingham for your spot on job with security. NOT
    Alison looked a lot blonder to me but could have been the lighting. Not the best of their shows but still a delight to be in the same room as a sheer Goddess.
    Must have sat to rows behind Little Bird :)
    Roll on August to the GMT show. TTFN :-*
  • Every song sung to perfection with Utopia still being a belter. Good lighting and sound. Girl on the strings was very good but misses Davide not being there for a bit more oomph on stage.
    Couple of fluffs like others have mentioned and I was expecting her to smack Seb in the gob for it but he's still bloody good. Charlie excellent and Angie.
    Woman next to me took tut and walked out when everyone stood up but maybe she heard me say a bit loudly "fuck this I'm standing up!".
    Weirdest crowd I've ever been in. Can't put my finger on it but looked as though they didn't want to be there and most looked a bit as we say in Northamptonshire "half sharp".
    No joke, two piss heads were begging in the bar area so well done Birmingham for your spot on job with security. NOT
    Alison looked a lot blonder to me but could have been the lighting. Not the best of their shows but still a delight to be in the same room as a sheer Goddess.

I agree about the crowd, was very odd! Had lovely Giancarlo sat behind me and also met UltraUK :) I was in row C Hells x
  • Ooooh just remembered the Peter and the Wolf bit at the beginning :D
  • ^ Oh! As intro music?

I agree about the crowd, was very odd! Had lovely Giancarlo sat behind me and also met UltraUK :) I was in row C Hells x

Myself and Big Bird were in Row E seats 1 and 2. I saw you talking to a couple of guys and heard you mention about the forum. I wasn't spying it was just the quiet moment as everyone was getting seated etc. it would have been incredibly rude of me to have butted in and said "I'm on the forum too" so I kept my nose out!! Glad you had a good time :)

We Were Evergreen the support band I thought were quite good. Got their EP and two of the band signed for me :)

Peter and the Wolf opening was strange but I guess it's all to do with story telling but did think they were going to walk out wearing animal costumes!!!
  • Ahhh you should have said hello :) I liked We Were Evergreen too, quite looking forward to seeing them again on Tuesday
  • It was a weird gig.It felt awkward at times. As mentioned earlier people didn't know wether to get up or not. I walked into the venue at 8.20pm without even showing my ticket to anyone. Security failed :( definitely a slow burner of a show. Wasn't afraid to get up dancing on the front row. Great to meet Little Bird briefly & see Giancarlo & St185cs (Mark) again.See u guys in Manchester tonight! :)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-03-27 15:46:47
    Music Junkie
  • Ultrauk said:

IIt's a shame U Never Know Know wasn't played with the venues they have chosen on this UK tour.

Er.,, I thought they did play it... I'm sure I heard it... I'm reasonably sure I wasn't hallucinating... @-)
  • ping said:

Ultrauk said:

IIt's a shame U Never Know Know wasn't played with the venues they have chosen on this UK tour.

Er.,, I thought they did play it... I'm sure I heard it... I'm reasonably sure I wasn't hallucinating... @-)

FFS.. Yes they did. DOH?! Maybe I was hallucinating in my own world. Lol ;)
    Post edited by Ultrauk at 2014-03-27 14:45:01
    Music Junkie
  • Hahaha, I seriously doubted myself then!
    :D
  • BIG Whoopsie !!! Lol ;)
    Music Junkie
  • Hi I'm new here, decided to join after attending last night's amazing concert at the Symphony Hall. I was in the very front row center AA 13 and being so close to Alison was just wonderful. It was very awkward standing up as I was dancing in my seat burning to get up but British awkwardness set in and didn't want to block everyone's view. However when RAWH came on the second time I thought what the hell got up and was able to boogie for the rest of the night. Thea was a special highlight for me :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!