Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 4410 Comments sorted by
  • Cabaret Voltaire - 83-85 12"'s

Just wanted to hear the Sensoria 12" again... :-)

Never really got much of their stuff just odd tracks and Ep's (all lost on vinyl somewhere).
    A lot of reissues at mo... but not sure where to start! :-/

Carpy??

Completely missed this until now!

Watch your PM's in a while {huge theatrical wink}
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • The new Laibach album, Spectre, for me - an absolute cracker and almost worth the 8 years since the last new studio album.

A very clever and very politically sharp band that take the strength of their enemy and exaggerate it until it become ridiculous, thus taking away it's power. One minute a song about the political breakdown of Europe and the next one called "Eat Liver!". Nobody quite like this lot!

Video for lead single, "The Whistleblowers", via Nowness:-
    http://www.nowness.com/day/2014/2/28/3705/laibach--the-whistleblowers
  • If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Just found an old Ani Difranco cd....listening to "light of some kind", takes me back...
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-03-08 18:43:31
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • My current listening pleasure is the soundtrack CD of 'Falling Down' by James Newton Howard. A brief hiatus from swimming in an aural ocean of Goldfrapp following the 'Tales Of Us' screening on Tuesday. I'll doubtless be diving head first back into that sonic sea very shortly.
  • Morrissey bits and pieces (for a change lol), I am probably mostly a minority here when I say I'm really glad he's got a new album out this year, the last ten years of his albums have been quiet a highlight of his career for me, even if he winds the fuck out of people, so what he's Morrissey and 'People are the same everywhere' - hope that one finally gets put to disc, new Mozza album this year I most certainly say bring it on >:)
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Paloma Faith new album. it is good.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • What am I listening to now?  DUH.  The Guardian's free stream of Kylie's new album Kiss Me Once.  I feel like we're going to be hearing "Les Sex" in gay clubs all summer long.  
  • Of all bizarre but wonderful things out there I'm finally catching up with Matt Berry's "Kill The Wolf" prog-folk album from last year. Yes, that Matt Berry from the many, many wonderful comedy telly things.

It's not a joke or spoof album, though, but actually a really rather brilliant bit of work.

• Miss Kitten - BatBox something I came across in a CD bargain bin and I rather like it (cost about 12p too ;))
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Miss Kitten - BatBox something I came across in a CD bargain bin and I rather like it (cost about 12p too ;))

Luuuuurrrrve that, especially Kitten Is High. Great choice!

In fact, you might spot it somewhere in here....... ;)

https://soundcloud.com/carpathian/dj-carpy-the-built-by-infinite

• Nice list Carpathian. I took a chance on Miss Kitten, knowing nothing about but liking the artwork and song titles 12p my goodness, I guess this should be in that bargain thread really ;)

oops it's Miss Kittin
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2014-03-11 16:13:58
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

Arguably one of the greatest rock albums ever made ;)
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • Metronomy - Love Letters

Lovely. Might send one... B-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"
  • Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World

Arguably one of the greatest rock albums ever made ;)

Absolutely! Between Visconti going in hard on the bass and enough twin guitar attack to keep Thin Lizzy and Maiden happy it's an unapologetic rock album for sure.

In that respect I think it's quite an oddity (ahem) in his catalogue and is still quite unique for him.

He often rocks but rarely with actual rock.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!