Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • so i thought i'd approach the hive mind of the forum for some iphone help....

my phone has decided it cant get a wifi signal anymore, in fact it's 'greyed out' the button to turn wifi on in settings.

i've reset network settings and tried a soft reset, but that hasn't helped.

i've got a 4s and the software is iOS 6.1.3 if that makes any difference. cheers!

(btw i did a quick look on google and it didn't sound too promising 8-X , help me goldfrapp forum... you're my only hope)

• 55 Comments sorted by
  • http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1559

As a perhaps , (Im not very clued up on these spangly Iphone things sorry)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ah... why didn;t i find that page...? 
    i guess my mum had a point about my ability to look for things... 
    :-\"
  • It was hidden away as a side mention on another forum
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Press the power button and "on" button at the same time to turn off...leave it off for a few, then press them together at the same time to turn back on..usually fixes things.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • could anyone advise me on a decent and cheap way to store digital photos and video thats not my computer? memory sticks? external hard drives? cloud?
  • Dropbox is good for me. And I get 50 free gig with my phone (samsung s4). Memory sticks are very cheap nowadays if you like solid state
    "its MY favourite song"
  • External hard drives work fine for me. Easy when you can't access the cloud everywhere. Otherwise Dropbox is fine too 
  • Currently I batch photos and then burn them to cds - the cds are then copied to a cheap NAS drive. (I mention this only for completion as I suspect you're a Mac owner) .
    Personally, if I rely on Cloud to store stuff - I'd emphasize the advice to use 2 providers. The reason? Their terms and conditions are basically "tough shit if it goes tits up".
    Ensure when you use that their generic settings don't shrink/convert the pics/video - unless you want that.
    For ease of use over your mobile, I'd recommend checking out their phone apps before deciding. Depends what you want to mobiley do with them or not (auto upload etc).

Others (all 'free')

Photobucket (used it for years)
    The Box
    Revel (from Adobe, which I'm currently looking into for my daughter)
    Googledrive

• Memory sticks are getting pretty darned cheap and very handy.  I bought one a few months ago that I can store all of my documents, including music, pictures, writings, etc.  It was a 64 Gbyte stick and cost about $40.  I think the usual price for such is about $80.  The nice thing about memory sticks vs. hard drives is that there are no moving parts, hence, not much chance of breaking it.  I've lost a few hard drives.  I guess, though, it all depends on how much you have to store.  I have one brilliant little memory stick that is about the thickness of a stick of gum and slightly larger than my thumbnail in width and heigth.  I keep it in my wallet.  Love it.
  • cheers for the replies guys. 
    i have potentially 1000's of photos (part of an art project i'm doing at the mo) and just wanna store them until its finished. i'll take a look at some of the options. i'm thinking if i can get some cheaper memory sticks i might do that. thanks! 
  • They have all sizes of memory sticks and go down in price quickly with size.
  • I have to use Dropbox with my email account but its got a stingey limit unless you pay or use tiny file sizes. I got a 1TB of storage as I got fed up with sticks getting damaged or lost. 1TB is big so I cant use it. If u use seagate with mac you have to download something to stop them arguing with each other :-((
  • They have all sizes of memory sticks

They do.  But, in my experience, not every computer likes the ones with really big memories.
  • I've never had a problem, yet, with up to 64 GBytes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!