Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 245 Comments sorted by
  • @iuventus "Today, I am a goodass!"

^ ...or Goodbottom as I recall. Ahh yes, William Blake..one of my faves too! You're a Tyger today..:D
    http://www.artinthepicture.com/artists/William_Blake/

Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-02-11 20:01:06
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Still on top of the world, bitchizz!

If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Even minor setbacks aren't going to hold me back. I mean, is a lost document really something to lose one's head over?

Keep On Rollin'!

• Life's a breeze when you're hanging with the cool kids!

Post edited by iuventus at 2014-02-13 13:16:07
  • I used to watch that cartoon.  Pretty cool.
  • I wasn't aware of a serial cartoon; I've only watched the film feature. I'll be on the lookout.
  • Errr, I think you're right, it was a feature film rather than a cartoon.  I guess I implied a series and you're right, it wasn't.  But, with any film that I totally adore, I will watch it excessively.  I'm trying to wrack my brain to remember the details now.  I recall they lived in the country, the children (as I recall there was only a daddy?) wandered off into the woods and found the interesting creature in your snapshot.  The cat had something to do with a train.  And, somewhere in there, they chased dust-bunnies, which, also were alive.  That's about all I've got.  It was in Japanese, so I never caught all of the dialogue.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2014-02-13 19:56:14
  • I've seen it on the big screen with subtitles. It's about to play again: My Neighbor Totoro
  • Waaaay it is Valentines day. Everybody should be having plenty of fun. If you get what i mean. If not. You are probably better on your own. 
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • iuventus said:

I've seen it on the big screen with subtitles. It's about to play again: My Neighbor Totoro

Yes!  Totoro!  That was the name of the creature in the woods!  All kinds of really cool creatures in that film.
  • Have I mentioned lately that I FUCKING ROCK?

• Wow. Wow, wow, wow!

Chihuly is my god.

Post edited by iuventus at 2014-05-17 20:07:37
  • ^ Awesome!!! He used to live in my "Hood"..although I never met him. He has a fantastic installation at the Naples Philharmonic..(my old hood). I much prefer the spikes and tentacles than the plates. I do love the Bellagio in Vegas though.
    U R I E L
  • I went the next day to view it in the daylight--and presuming that it would be maybe half as beautiful. I was amazed at how differently lush it was in the sunlight. The lavender and red reeds, in particular, gushed thick, velvety color. This exhibit ended the day I left Scottsdale. I'd happened upon an advertisement by chance a week earlier, after which I immediately booked a room in town for the weekend. Fate or chance?

I've also seen his permanent installations in St Louis. Have you seen the documentary on his studio?

I'm eager to see the ceiling at the Bellagio. It's likely the only reason I'd visit Las Vegas.
  • Oh yeah! You mean the documentary about his studio in Seattle I think it was?! Just Fascinating!

Wow is right Iuv....you've described it so enchantingly. Lucky boy.

I'm sure you'd love Vegas for Britney and Zumanity... =D>
    Post edited by Ponygurl at 2014-05-22 03:14:35
    U R I E L

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!