Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • Needless to say, this album is shaping up to be a true return to form. Still wish the cover was a portrait instead of a shot taken from far away. (OCD)
  • I just had a thought, how cool would it be if, as promo, Frapp-team would make the album characters 'alive' and put them somewhere in the web so we could learn more about them while waiting for the album. Like their blogs or maybe even them as forum users? As it happened with characters of Tori Amos' American Doll Posse. I think the Tails Of Us story would be much more entertaining than ADP.
    Anyway, that's just my imagination)
  • ^now there's an invitation to weave the emperors new clothes.

the clip is lovely, however I don't feel I can appreciate it fully outside the context of the whole album.

see you in Manchester.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Where can I listen to 'Clay'? I'd like to appreciate it.
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • On the trailer - that's it as yet!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • On the trailer - that's it as yet!

Is it the third track?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • Alan said:

On the trailer - that's it as yet!

Is it the third track?

Certainly is - only a tiny bit of it. I mentioned in the first tread post why I've been drawn to it already.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • @Stranger very curious about 'Stranger'. So far, 'Annabel' is my favorite.
  • @Stranger Can you tell me if the rest of "Jo" sounds anything like the section in the trailer?

• Ugh, no violins, please.
  • I think I already dislike this album.

I really miss the electronic Goldfrapp.
  • Stranger said:

Alan said:

Ugh, no violins, please.

Oof. You're in for a ride Alan. The orchestrations are breathtaking though. On every song. It's very cinematic. And the songs all have a good solid stunning narrative in which they work wonderfully. Also loads and loads of acoustic guitar. Just so you know...

Sounds extremely promising! Strings are where Goldfrapp are at their best.
    Hope I'll love the rest of Jo just as much as the little bit of what we've already heard.

• Stranger said:

Low: you will.
    Alan: this is not an electronic album by any means, although to me it is their magnum opus.

Hopefully their seventh album will be homage to electronica.
  • Words cannot express how much I am looking forward to this, the stories the interpretation, the music.................EVERYTHING!!! 

Getting too excited now.... :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I'm very disappointed to hear there are no mere presence of moogs or synths. It's beginning to sound conventional again, albeit lovely.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!