Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
iamamiwhoami
  • 52 Comments sorted by
  • Love the song and what glorious scenery they've captured.  Am I crazy, or does Jonna appear to be having a memorial service for her prior iamamiwhoami work?  As though she's wiping the slate clean.  We see the iconic black box (most prominently featured in the "Goods" video) being burned and then we later see her pouring ashes -- presumably ashes of the box -- into the ocean.  Maybe her way of saying, that was then, this is now, we're moving forward.  
  • Hopefully not saying: that was it. The whole project...
    Be patient.
  • Hopefully not, HolyOwl.  Apparently the video is produced by WAVE which is a, quote, "directors' collective from Stockholm".  They also have their own Vimeo channel separate from the iamamiwhoami channel.  I assume this means that WAVE will be producing material for others in addition to iamamiwhoami.  Hmmm.... 

• Loved fountain I was blown.
  • Such a tune indeed!
    Be patient.
  • Apparently the video is produced by WAVE which is a, quote, "directors' collective from Stockholm".  They also have their own Vimeo channel separate from the iamamiwhoami channel.  I assume this means that WAVE will be producing material for others in addition to iamamiwhoami.  Hmmm....

Nope. WAVE is consisted of 3 members of iamamiwhoami.
  • kind of surprised no one has mentioned this

• It's A-MA-ZING!
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • I love hunting for pearls. Makes me wonder about what'll happen next again. Didn't really have that when they released Fountain :)
  • I was astonished that they even released anything after all it all seemed very resolved with Jonna in another dimension having her own party and then she resurrects in this new series, it seems it'll be all about owning and consuming, they're expected to release shadowshow this time! 
    Post edited by LuisMariano at 2014-07-09 23:38:46
  • Looking forward to the new album, but I really miss the old video series.  The mystery, the darkness, the crazy mythology.  These newer videos from 2014 are absolutely beautiful, but they don't feel as compelling as their prior work.  
  • I've been listening to Iamamiwhoami for several weeks now ( I was a bit slow to come on board I know) and I'm hooked. The videos are stunning, breathtaking. It's taken me this long to get my ears tuned into appreciating them fully, but i think all truly original work burns slowly. It took me a while with Felt Mountain to be absolutely honest, as it was so unlike anything else around at the time ( and still is). If they don't go on to do anything else then they've left us with enough treats to leave a huge impression. Maybe they should quit while they're ahead! ( I wouldn't say that about Goldfrapp tho would I!).
  • I agree,it's a shame that most of the mystery seems to have disappeared!
    No teaser videos were made after bounty and the same for the live concert in the woods that they streamed at that time. And I really liked those, not knowing what would follow.
    I wonder if the online content they seem to be adding to the new album is going to be interesting enough for me to buy the digital album.. I still like physical albums with a nice little picture book. 
  • Anyone know when the new album is being released? I thought it was this month? I love the Chasing Kites single.
  • KatRobin said:

Anyone know when the new album is being released? I thought it was this month? I love the Chasing Kites single.

It's already out. November 10th.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!