Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Felt Mountain - the inspirations
  • 28 Comments sorted by
  • as far as I know, Deer Stop is kind of inspired by a crime scene sort of in the woods. Deers are stopping because they hear what's going on. Guess it kind of goes along with the very early photoshoot of Alison lying in mud and stuff. Which was also referencing a specific murder, which I can't remember properly. Help me out there
    :-S
    soundcloud.com/hrknopf - whoop whoop, check check check
  • That's such a cool interpretation!
  • HrKnopf said:

as far as I know, Deer Stop is kind of inspired by a crime scene sort of in the woods. Deers are stopping because they hear what's going on. Guess it kind of goes along with the very early photoshoot of Alison lying in mud and stuff. Which was also referencing a specific murder, which I can't remember properly. Help me out there
    :-S

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_Adams
    I take the needle off the Technics and put it in my vein
  • Which was the inspiration for some the country Girls photos wasn't it...
  • Oh dear! For me that song is about S&M and love
  • That Christmas Bunch song with Alison singing the lines for Lovely Head pretty much verbatim must have been a pretty big inspiration.
  • A thread about the inspirations of 'Felt Mountain' .. and no mention of Ennio Morricone ?

Oompa Radar =

Lovely Head =

Utopia =

Listen and shiver !
    Cheers.

Post edited by react010 at 2014-03-13 22:13:49
  • Nice, react010. Anyone want to volunteer some John Barry?
  • go on @LuisMariano :P SM and love? DEER STOP?...stahp

cannot listen to the Morricone stuff. never heared of him sooo, dunno if alison mentioned him? (did she?)
  • @HrKnopf - both Will and Alison have cited Morricone often in the past - for instance, Will chose Morricone's "Nina" in his interview with Stuart Maconie in the summer.

• oh thanks! well...I suck being a fan. used to know A LOT 'bout Róisín Murphy (am I even allowed to mention her here or will I share Fannys doom?)

so yeah, whenever I am not in a forum of a certain band it's more complicated for me to fetch good information and documentation.
    Post edited by HrKnopf at 2013-12-11 09:56:41
  • I can definitely hear lovely head in the good, the bad and the ugly theme! Specially remembering the Miss World mix.
  • I don't have it to hand but as I remember Ennio Morricone is thanked in the booklet accompanying Felt Mountain. His music is certainly a key inspiration, especially Lovely Head and Oompa Radar.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!