Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • They're smelling the glue, looking at the pile of money, looking at the empty boxes, trying to remember the connection, then repeating the cycle.
  • What I'm not understanding is why no one bothered to send out another e-mail with an explanation of why there is, yet again, another delay.
  • As someone who's spent the better part of two months tracking a SET OF TAPS moving around the country just so that they can get to our store for the sake of one customer who got mardy right at the end because he had to wait an extra day; all I can say is that takes a lot of time and coordination and effort when you're dealing with multiple parties (One company presses the CDs, one handles the prints blah blah) because nobody works well together at a company level and shut up and wait you goddamn impatient children or I'll come over there and send you to bed without supper and where's my drink gone and how am I to answer the door to the postie when it arrives considering my front door is broken and won't open?
  •   I work in manufacturing/production , our general rules are -
    1. delight the customer
    2. communicate with the customer if its going tits up 

Neither of which they have done , so I am exercising my right as UK resident to whinge about it , generally threaten to inform my MP and comment on the weather . But.....(takes deep breath) I`m very disappointed in the US residents here who have failed to threaten to launch a class action for reneging on a contract and/or invade Reading (where Sandbag HQ is) , all I can say is that , I`m just thoroughly disappointed in you all , young men/ladies ;) 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • ...oooh a squirrel  
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Sartori said:

I work in manufacturing/production , our general rules are -

1. delight the customer

2. communicate with the customer if its going tits up 

Ditto with my job, but this delay is all indirectly wrapped up with the music business, its not supposed to be organised and on time. Everyone knows an artist who's promised the album is nearly finished and then take another frickin' 2 years to finish it. I say leave customer service and communication to the rat race and let chaos rule with da music !   :P
    Post edited by Micky at 2013-12-10 16:06:19
    www.themummers.co.uk
    photo 48d99ea1-4ff3-47b4-a076-5c9c0bc0a716_zpsbb643bce.jpg
  • Kiyuri said:

shut up and wait you goddamn impatient children or I'll come over there and send you to bed without supper

:-@

I expected someone to come in this thread and talk down to us for expressing our feelings... We all paid a large amount of money for it and now we have to deal with this bullshit... That gives us the right to complain and if you don't like it why don't you 'shut up' about it and go post your usual ramble of random shit on some other thread.
  • Anyways, we are like the only group of people in the world following this up close, it's not being wildly publicized and nobody is expecting it like us, so it's better that they take their time and deliver a fantastic thing and not rush it and get a crappy contact glue smelling box.

As for the price I did the math and I cant believe is not more expesnive, it would be like much more expensive if we bought the components separate. 

And printer can be a bitch with the delivery time. I know that first hand.

There. 
  • lol every single time i open this thread i expect to see that someone lucky finally received it (and posted photos of the box of course)...
  • i swear to fucking god if it shows up in Long Beach, California with one dent...i'm going to lose it
  • I'm questioning the point of the box set. Some memorabilia if you're a collector I suppose, but I have stopped listening to the album.

Even with the tour announcement I'm feeling a little, underwhelmed..?
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I think a lot of us are questioning the point of it now :-w
  • Don't worry guys, it's gonna be awesome. The book will be beauuuuuuuuutiful and "Lee" will be amazing and a lot of us will get autographed lithographs... Plus I never bought the vinyl so spinning that will sound gorgeous.

8->
  • its being delivered to my mom's so i guess i'll be opening it on christmas day :)
  • @Micky got a little rocky horror there? :P
    soundcloud.com/hrknopf - whoop whoop, check check check

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!