Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • The actual Goldfrapp store says Mid December as well. Next bloody week then?

• oh noooo! with this delay i expect to find Alison and the whole band that sings me merry Christmas!!
  • Hopefully they'll shop ours out as we've ordered ours ages ago fingers crossed.

Optimistic much?
  • Out of pritt stick then ffs .
    Unfortunately , its just a boring logistics problem , hold ups at Xmas mean missed production slots , so a week extra (as the books weren`t finished) would extend the finished product post-out until a production slot can be found via overtime or another firm can be subcontracted to finish it ....and that is a piece of string . Rewind back all the pages and my previous observation about Shitbag holds true , the production of the box might very well fall to another company and they`re just the shipping company , but they don`t tell the customer f`all and that`s why they`re still a bunch of c**** & in my Sartori`s `Big Book of B******* & C****` 2013 Edition published by Penguin .   
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-12-08 09:41:50
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Pineapple said:

Hopefully they'll shop ours out as we've ordered ours ages ago fingers crossed.

Optimistic much?

I wouldn`t let the Prince of Cynicismia catch you being optimistic , he`ll lock you in a dungeon and pinch your mince pies . 
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Get out of my dungeon!
  • Be nice guys, Goldfrapp may be mortified by this, I know how awful not being on time is. But they would do well on throwing a courtesy for all of us. Remember when they gave us the Clowns single for free? That was a nice gesture!
  • We should invoke a late delivery penalty eg a DVD with all Lisa's films, free of charge. After the cinema release of course.
  • That changing of the forum banner could not have been better timed and TOTALLY matches how we all feel about the Boxset situation. LOL.
    Post edited by Low at 2013-12-08 17:07:46

• Guess we shall see what we get emailed tomorrow....
  • Low said:

That changing of the forum banner could not have been better timed and TOTALLY matches how we all feel about the Boxset situation. LOL.

Ha!
  • (Apologies for posting this to 2 separate threads!)
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-12-08 22:28:09
  • You guys are the only thing making this wait bearable, haha.
  • Latest update as of, er, just now:-

Brace yourselves. Sigh.

The boxes are expected to be with the courier firm on Friday this week (Dec 13th) and as they don't deliver at the weekend most people should see them turn up between Monday 16th and Wednesday 18th. This backs up what was mentioned a few posts back BUT ISN'T ABSOLUTELY SURE TO HAPPEN.

Also, if you need to change the default shipping address on your Sandbag account (ie to a work or not work one like me according to where you'll be) then this does NOT update the shipping address on already placed orders so you will need to phone Sandbag up to get them to back-edit this. Worth thinking about if you don't want a "we couldn't deliver" card through the door on the day!!!

Hope that helps.......
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • When i ordered the boxset i expected it to be delayed, stuff like this always is, but this is fucking ridiculous now. Watch them use Yodel or some other shit courier when it eventually is delivered next Spring or something.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!