Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
DELUXE BOX - Updates & information
  • 1010 Comments sorted by
  • And now we have the confirmation that not all videos are included in the boxset....

• Bad move especially when all videos were finished to go.  8-|
  • *eats words*

seriously, that is a weird decision for them to make
  • seriously, that is a weird decision for them to make

not that weird, how many films get released on DVD before the cinema??? also rewak and carpy make some good points about this...

rewak said:

Just means they have the option of selling it separate later on, potentially adding new films or maybe a live show or in an HD format. Even if nothings added having the option of selling it standalone is the more financially sensible move.

rewak said:

Just means they have the option of selling it separate later on, potentially adding new films or maybe a live show or in an HD format. Even if nothings added having the option of selling it standalone is the more financially sensible move.

A very good point well made. I'd also add that at no point have they ever even inferred that the full film would ever be in the deluxe box - that was us, the fans wanting it to be. That's a very different thing.

They (Alison, Lisa, etc) certainly do seem to be treating the film as animal in it's own right judging by comments and steps so far. Not wanting the remaining films on that website ahead of them being seen in the context of the finished film, for example, and having the plans for the film launch almost separate from the albums life cycle.

In many ways I can see the logic of this - it means the work on the film doesn't get lost in the noise for the album release and, handily, the release of the film then gives a little refreshing push to people for the album.

Releasing the film in full only in the limited run of box sets would absolutely undermine the work taken to film and record it. Having a cinema and commercial release separate is a win from many angles.

Separate but still symbiotic.

• giulys said:

ok it's defenitely the 2 of dec. just received the email

rewak said:

... this delay seems to be on the manufacturing side (as said in the email they need to do more work on the box and book)...

Could you please tell me more about this email? Was it an automatically sent out "box set update" or a reply to your individual inquiry? I have a feeling that I don't receive every update. I've ordered in June (and got the confirmation email), then I got 2 emails in September (an updated content list and one containing the download links), and I got the mock-up photo at the end of October. I regularly check my spam folder, but nothing has been there since October. Thanks!

• ridd said:

giulys said:

ok it's defenitely the 2 of dec. just received the email

rewak said:

... this delay seems to be on the manufacturing side (as said in the email they need to do more work on the box and book)...

Could you please tell me more about this email? Was it an automatically sent out "box set update" or a reply to your individual inquiry? I have a feeling that I don't receive every update. I've ordered in June (and got the confirmation email), then I got 2 emails in September (an updated content list and one containing the download links), and I got the mock-up photo at the end of October. I regularly check my spam folder, but nothing has been there since October. Thanks!

it was a box set update wich contained the images that you see in this thread, it happened to me too, i didnt receive two update emails
  • For those that (one again) didn't get the email

• giulys said:

it was a box set update wich contained the images that you see in this thread, it happened to me too, i didnt receive two update emails

rewak said:

For those that (one again) didn't get the email

Many thanks to both of you for updating me! Sending and not sending emails to different subgroups of purchasers is quite strange... this randomization depends on what?

Alison said on twitter she had signed 600 art prints for boxset. not 500. If there is no mistake how do you think they are going to be distributed? next hundred after 500 or randomly?

Maybe there was a little delay in removing the "first 500 copies will be signed" information from the store page after selling the first 500 copies, so they add more to distribute to the next 100 purchasers. But I'm just guessing; it might be part of a separate promotion, etc.
  • ping said:

not that weird, how many films get released on DVD before the cinema??? also rewak and carpy make some good points about this...

does straight-to-dvd count?... :) although wasn't the whole film supposed to have been released late this year? and then suddenly alison was saying early next year. am i misremembering?

you raise good points though.

as for why it seems weird, i guess it just doesn't seem that well thought-out to me. i can't really imagine why they would plan a huge deluxe box and only put a few of the much-hyped videos on it. it seems more logical (and less aggravating for the fans) to either put all the videos on the deluxe, or put none on the deluxe and have the whole ~filme released on its own, later, as rewak and carpathian have said

that's how i see it anyway, i dunno :-??
  • ickygerm said:

although wasn't the whole film supposed to have been released late this year? and then suddenly alison was saying early next year. am i misremembering?

Haven't you realised that release dates are not an exact science in the Goldfrapp world! Haha, I've learnt to accept it!

Alternative title: how I learned to stopped worrying and love the ambiguous release dates...
    ;)
  • haha, i don't think they're an exact science anywhere! you're right. it just seems like there's been a lot of "wait, what? since when?" in this album campaign
  • ickygerm said:

ping said:

as for why it seems weird, i guess it just doesn't seem that well thought-out to me. i can't really imagine why they would plan a huge deluxe box and only put a few of the much-hyped videos on it. it seems more logical (and less aggravating for the fans) to either put all the videos on the deluxe, or put none on the deluxe and have the whole ~filme released on its own, later, as rewak and carpathian have said

I agree.

But watch there be no DVD release for the films.... That'd be really annoying.
  • I can see that happening too, wouldn't be the first time they've filmed something and never given it a proper release.
  • They should have just rush released the videos, since they leaked. Why wait so long to put them up?
  • It's been ages since Annabel. Would be cool to get another one

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!