Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Artist Given Free Music (Downloads)
  •  Tracks that artists have given away (no pirate stuff)  . I appreciate you can input "free music" into Google and it`ll cough up enough links to melt your eyes , but this thread is to sift the chaff from the wheat . I`d rather chance my arm on a recommended free track than even start looking at random google tracks . As we can now put Soundcloud players and YT links direct into our posts , it`ll allow easier listening . Different to "Im listening to" or "Recommend an artist" threads , if I have a downloadable free track to burn to cd or my phone (no longer an mp3 player) its less disposable to try out than clicking on a link in the aforementioned other threads .

Some of the download links have to go through the artists Facebook page , if your silver foil hat is worn out and can`t be arsed to even make a false Facebook page with a temporary email address , then tough shit basically . The worst you can do with a FB account is LIKE the artists page , download the track and then UNLIKE the page , no big deal at all . 

I`d recommend putting a "If you like X " before a post . 

If you like slow triphop with piano

Andrew Bayer "It's Going to Be Fine"

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 07:15:25
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 34 Comments sorted by
  • UTRB , who has done remix work for Marina and others . Download via the little arrow pointing down on the player (in Hi-Q WAV form) . If you like - slow triphop , coincidental its 2 in a row  

Wicked Games (Until The Ribbon Breaks Reimagination) by UntilTheRibbonBreaks
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 07:32:25
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • If you like - vocal chilled / ambient / with riffs . The Download goes through Mitis`s FB page - your choice . I love Mitis`s stuff btw .

Clinton VanSciver & Swedish Egil - Love Letters (MitiS Chilled Overnight Remix) by MitiS
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 07:41:25
  • I like the idea!  And, exactly the way, I hope the music industry can be transformed.

Described as:
    indie, rock, bass, altrock
    I'd say, maybe, Joe Walsh or Tom Petty
    http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/1031200/likely-story

Oh, and here is one of the sites main pages.  Sweet, you can scroll through music, listen in moments to a lot of tunes.  If you click on any song on the page, it will play and continue on to the next song.  Kinda nice.

And, a recommendation to artists, skip the long intro's at the beginning of songs.  This is the age of ADD.  Another thing that Goldfrapp has always gotten right.

http://www.jamendo.com/en/search/discover?qs=q=*:*&by=rating
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-17 08:18:14

• :-bd   I heartily endorse this thread and will contribute at some stage. 
  • If you like - chilled hypnotic beats , click on Download button on the right hand side

Pierce Fulton - 10 / 6 (That Should Do It) by PierceFulton
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-18 06:58:38
  • If you like ...um Deadmua5 / old skool keyboard riffs that you can whistle

there might be coffee by fuckmylife
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-18 07:02:29
  • If you like - glitch hop / triphop / rumbling bass so deep it`ll sterilise you

Seven Lions - She was ft. Birds of Paradise by Seven Lions
  • If you like Lana `Grumpy Cat` Del Ray or Sound Remedy or old skool riffs . You have to follow links to Like Sound Remedys FB page to get the DL .

Lana Del Rey - Video Games (Sound Remedy Remix) by Sound Remedy
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-18 07:11:29
  • In a post that might end up with me burnt at the stake (or burned at the steak if you can`t spell) , I`ll give any artist a chance at a tune (apart from Celine Dion but thats another story).....and so....the mashup artists The Hood Internet using the Daft Punk "Lucky" sample over Justin Timberlakes shite-fest "Suit and Tie" into a funky foot tapping dance tune....I`m going to hell....made to listen to `Head First` for all eternity . Downloadable from arrow 

The Hood Internet - Suit And Commercial (Justin Timberlake x Daft Punk) by hoodinternet
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-18 07:18:14
  • I`ve avoided any of the 4 to the floor stuff I have , although we are overlapping circles of taste , I think my love of dance music is on its own on this forum . All of the above sits at the edges of my spectrum of taste , I love them all and they`re there to try or er..not . I`m not trying to force my tastes on anyone , this thread is what you all want to make of it .
  • Quite like that OOALH version , ta . A slightly complicated free download for this Giorgio Moroder track , you need a GooglePlay account and add it to your basket at £0.00 and it downloads to your Android phone .

Giorgio Moroder - Racer (2013) by GiorgioMoroder
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-19 15:43:08
  • To download click the little downward pointing arrow.
    Quick rule of thumb re Soundcloud: If the little arrow is greyed out you can't download it (see the Giorgio Moroder track directly above), if it's not you, er, can.

Emika : Classical Mix 2 - Little Lamb by emika
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-19 21:27:21
  • Righteous thread is righteous!

Sprung: A Melodic Trap Compilation

01. Usher - Climax (Cabo Blanco Remix) 04:15
    02. Buzz Trillington & Swagglerock - Cutty Dream 05:58
    03. Munchi - Hope (El Cucuy's Bootleg n' Hustle VIP Remix) 03:38
    04. Sush1 - Hatsukoi 03:18
    05. Koji Kondo - Dire Dire Docks (Noms "Eel" Bootleg) 05:08
    06. Elefo - Walter White 05:03
    07. Club Fun - Strobe Light 04:23
    08. Wrekafekt - Drive By 04:38
    09. Lil Kim - Crush on You (DJ Tiga Remix) 01:58
    10. Young Diamond - T Rave Trap2 (REAAAAL $$$!) 02:07
    11. Chocolate Covered Diamonds - Codeine Princess 05:02
    12. Wooferface - Till Its Over 03:36
    13. Future - Turn On The Lights (Ryan Hemsworth Bootleg) 03:06
    14. Cabo Blanco - Sanctuary 03:58
    15. Ellie Goulding - High For This Cover (BIG MAKK RE-UP) 05:01
    16. skeugh - Grapes 03:41
    17. Tokyo Hands - Sprung 03:51
    18. Leukos - Wooo In A Bottle 03:49
    19. Juke Ellington - LOVE TRVP & BA$$ 04:30
    20. Frank Ocean - Thinkin' Bout You (Ryan Hemsworth Bootleg) 03:58
    Post edited by softlad at 2013-06-30 21:55:44

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!