Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Artist Given Free Music (Downloads)
  • 34 Comments sorted by
  • Jo_ey said:

Download these remixes of "y" by iamamiwhoami - the Moby remix is sensational!

Thanks for the Moby remix.  The Joe Goddard isn't downloadable.

The Blue Note - Trebles & Blues

I'm loathe to describe this.  Discogs says it's 'Jazzy Hip-Hop, Instrumental' a description that's as good as any.  10 sampled numbers, average track length is about 2:30 mins.  Very good.

Post edited by softlad at 2013-07-01 14:34:15
  •  A more upbeat dance number , not for those that think Rihanna or Guetta have talent . Download through their Facebook page , via the link .

Capital Cities - Safe And Sound (Dzeko & Torres' Digital Dreamin Remix) by DzekoandTorres
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-06 10:16:26
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Not really a fan but others have mentioned them download through the FB page via link , Kate Boy - The Way We Are (Bixel Boys Remix)
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-06 10:20:01
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Free download via the Soundcloud "Download" button on the player . Non sequencer drummed trip hop funky riffing via a bit of dubstep-lite .

Grizmatik - My People by Gramatik
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-07-31 09:28:30
  • Something for old-school head-ravers and I know there's a good few of a certain age on here that'll love the track list below!

Here's a mix free to DL from Soundcloud. Yep, it's a Moon Wiring Club product again ;)

Moon Wiring Club - 'Midnight in Europe' Nightvision Mix

01. Eo. A.D. 2600
    02. Beaumont Hannant. SYm-phon5
    03. Reload. Le Soleil Et La Mer (Black Dog Productions Remix)
    04. Ecstasy of Saint Theresa. Sooper Kosmos
    05. Celia Green. Lucidity
    06. Panasonic. Urania
    07. LFO. Goodnight Vienna
    08. Robert Leiner. Autopia
    09. Claude Young. Multiplicity of Zeros and Ones
    10. Jeff Mills. Man From Tomorrow
    11. LFO. Tied Up Electro
    12. FSOL. Everyone in the World is Doing Something Without Me
    13. Microglobe. Trust
    14. Slowdive. In Mind Bandulu Remix (Out Mind)
    15. Soft Ballet. Ride (Global Communication Dub Mix)
    16. FSOL. Antique Toy
    17. Woob. Amoeba
    18. Luke Slater's 7th Plane. Shades Amaze
    19. Biosphere. Novelty Waves (Arctic Mix)
    20. Speedy J. The Fun Equations
    21. Octagon Man. Klunk
    22. Beautyon. Rustless
    23. Autocreation. Snatch
    24. Baby Ford. Dead Eye
    25. Anthony Manning. Concision
    26. Saint Etienne. Like a Motorway (Skin up, you're already Dead by Autechre)
    27. Bradley Strider. Bradley's Robot
    28. Mira Calix. Khala (assisted by Gescom)
    29. David Holmes. Johnny Favourite (exploding plastic ambience mix)
    30. Bola. Vespers
    31. Bandulu. Phaze In (Remix)
    Moon Wiring Club - 'Midnight in Europe' Nightvision Mix cover.jpg
    500 x 500 - 314K
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Something for old-school head-ravers and I know there's a good few of a certain age on here that'll love the track list below!

Brings back soooo many memories.  Thank you, thank you Carpy!!  :)
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-12 18:52:52
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.

Brings back soooo many memories.  Thank you, thank you Carpy!!  :)

So many blasts from the past in that mix - a real trip back to the better end of 90's dance tunes!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • So many blasts from the past in that mix - a real trip back to the better end of 90's dance tunes!

As a child that was born in the 70's and grew up in the 80's I dislike quite a lot of music from the mid-to-late 90's, a prime example would have to be "Things can only get better by D-Ream".  Professor Brian Cox has done well to dis-associate himself from the travesty and is a very likeable guy now. Your mix Carpy is everything that was good about dance music (including the underground nature of it) and I'm guessing that not one song made it onto Top of the Pops!
    Post edited by mode_devotion at 2013-08-13 18:39:22
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • Over at  http://giel.vara.nl/caro   , Caro Emerald has teamed up with 3FM to give away an acoustic EP of her latest material . The first person to say "jazz" gets a wedgie   :ar!

Submit your email etc to get the EP (or don`t and er..don`t) , use Google Translate 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-08-29 10:14:42

• CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share (Moon Boots Remix) , go to Soundcloud etc and click on Link

I can`t embed the Soundcloud player anymore .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-09-25 12:51:13
  • DOWNLOAD: RÖYKSOPP - Running to the Sea (with Suzanne Sundfor) (LATE NITE TUFF GUY EDIT)

A rolling Detroit Techno bassline gives the backbone to the pad sweeping and Suzanne`s chocolaty smooth vocals . I give it my acolade of "Extremely Lickable" . 
    Download: Royksopp 'Running To The Sea' (Late Nite Tuff Guy remix) by Mixmag

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-11-05 14:37:27
  • Aaron McClelland (or Fonzerelli if you know that one) has given away his last years remix of "Santa Baby" away for free (until the counter runs out) on the Soundcloud page . Its the basics of the `classic` Santa Baby with an added wanktastico bassline .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-12-03 12:08:28
  • Sartori said:

...I think my love of dance music is on its own on this forum .

Not at all !
    If you want to smother yourself in nostalgia dance, go to the Guardian Ultimate Dance Playlist on Spotify.
    They go all the way from Donna Summer to Katy B.
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-12-03 15:25:44
  • And now for something completely different:
    If you like Moby: www.mobygratis.com
    Great stuff there! \:D/
    Post edited by Jeronimooo at 2013-12-03 15:28:41
  • A free EP from "Bit Funk" for doonlood , a mix of funky minimalist house/soul , first track is a bit Caro Emerald , second is laid back Sunday morning cornflakes tunage , the third is a pumped up , drummed up remix of the first track . 

Listen Here :

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-12-14 05:56:17

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!