Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp at Hammersmith 1st Nov Pre-Gig Drink at the Blue Anchor (5minutes from venue see link)
  • 32 Comments sorted by
  • Yep, on the edge of the river. Just under the bridge & you're there.

Compared to Chav bar / bar in shopping centre / roundabout bar, it should treat us kindly..!
  • Cheers Laura , last time I went to the Blue Anchor for a (another) forums meetup , I met someone who told me about his wife breaking the clothes drier...I wished my car had broken down after 20 seconds of that tale and a gang of grown men who were plotting a breakaway forum and a discussion on who was the biggest fan...I went to the concert in the Odeon and then ran back to my car and ignored my phone going off . I went into the chav bar back in 86 before I saw the Cramps at Hammersmith (a gig I later referred to about "I though I was going to die and not in a nice way") . Saw Erasure there in 90 with my wifes friend and had a hoot of a time (not in a "Divorce proceedings imminent" way either) .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-29 21:00:42
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • I wonder what time people are thinking of moving on to the gig.  It's not unknown for Goldfrapp's support bands to be worth missing.
  • As I mentioned in the other hammersmith thread, I'm around from mid afternoon post interview at Ofgem (Millbank).  I'm already fully aware that I'm not going to get the job (going for experience purposes) and will need a few drinks to get myself out of the 'interview terror zone'  I'll also have to get changed somewhere so that'll be interesting! 
  • I doubt very much I'll be doing pre-gig meet up and will go straight to venue. Times too short between leaving work and travelling down in Friday night traffic :(
  • YAY Sally, drinkinnnnnggggg!  I've just been invited for an interview tomorrow so Friday night beverages for us shall be a MUST! ;)

Booooo Hells - But will hopefully see you in there.  Safe journey, hope its an ok one as far as Fridays go...

• See you all there guys, hope you have good journeys.

So looking forward to this courtesy of Sartori...

• Pet said:

It's not unknown for Goldfrapp's support bands to be worth missing.

He he. Except Hot chip and Ladytron. Yeah ive forgot the name of the support guy already.
  • If the St John's Hackney gig counts, I quite liked The Alpines too ...
  • The Fryers with the Betty Boo look a like. I quite enjoyed them but I am a rather sad person.

Oh and Eugene McGuiness last spotted as one of lovely Anna Calvis supports at Somerset House and now with Miles Kane. Stood in front of him as Im busy punching some annoying tosser of a teenager smashing into me at Miles Kane gig. Im still bitter about that 
    :-L
  • Right ive Googled the pub n printed a map. Now watcg me get lost en route :-))

I too wanted to kick someone in the head at a recent Bat for lashes gig. I dont think Londoners understand personal space or shhhhhhhhh! I got over it after a few hours tho. Unlike the idiot bar queue of an hour
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-10-31 18:09:17
  • Enjoy your drink/meet up and the concert.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Cheers Craig. We will relay any juicy details... ;-)
  • Have a drink for me! Champagne!!
    "its MY favourite song"
  • Jozzy81 said:

bit sad i can't afford to join most of you on friday night but i'm determining (hope spelt that right) to be at most of the spring tour (u.k) gigs.....x ;)

come on then spill, what do you know ?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!