Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Goldfrapp at Hammersmith 1st Nov Pre-Gig Drink at the Blue Anchor (5minutes from venue see link)
  • Where ? I only know the pub by the tube station and another over by the bridge - alcohol lurving Londonium people - where and who are we having a drinkies by ?

The first answer is `me` . EDIT 30/10/13 : Drink on @ http://www.blueanchorlondon.com/

Don`t drink ? do you get "high and drunk on the atmosphere" ? (copyright my mate Rob Brown 1983) - then you`re going in the Thames (or whatever the bloody rivers called) , never trust a man that doesn`t drink  

I`m going for the longest stupid thread title award , you didn`t know there are awards ? well I`m saying no more then .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-29 20:44:18
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • 32 Comments sorted by
  • Is this a school night? Friday hmm ill b late down from work thanks to rail privitasiton. I remember a passanger setting themselves on fire on a train loo. Its only a 1 hour 30 min journey but somehow I always seem to get some r*tard delaying my journey. And im important like ;) I cud do with a pint after suffering London Midlands idea of A toB. I dont know the area but im sure someone say like *Laura* might know of an ok/cheap pub.

yes uve won that award lol.
  • I have the day off :) so train or a leisurely drive for me and stopping at that Laura's on her lovely sofa so will tube it in with her most likely.. 

CAN'T WAIT
    Sophie_Banner
  • Getting train into Paddington, arriving mid-aft. Staying at Wild_corgi's (thanks again, Lindsay!) so will probably pop there first and get to Hammersmith area around 5pm. I hope to meet up with Laura too, partly cos I can't get in without her! Thanks very muchment to you too, Laura - for the entry arrangement :-)

Yeah, hopefully some proper Lahndahners can suggest a good pub.
    Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-10-21 16:28:23
  • I shall have to consult my designated driver for the evening to see what time we will be leaving the Shiteshire to get to Londinium for an aperitif.
    Friday night traffic - dont hold your bloody breath!

• Oh I love you guys :D

Yes, I will consult with mr Baxter about arrival times etc then am happy to suggest a meeting place. Know a couple of spots... Funnily enough... Will have a think which may be best Friday early eve but also happy with suggestions for a lovely meet up, of course.

And, no probs Elliot / David , tis my pleasure x
  • Say hello to Cervus.

*sniff*
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • ^Was he planning to go, then? Maybe he'll pop back here to mention it...
  • I thought he'd said so.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Hi hi hi, hello there, how are we all...

So, all pubs near hammersmith station are shit. It's a fact, well known by all londoners forever. (probably) They are either in a shopping centre on on a roundabout and full of pukey chavs.

I'm not saying this one is much better.... It's a fair amount better. And it's probably where I'll drink before hand. If it looks alright with you, oh hammersmith attendees, then I'll try and get there early to get some space. I don't have to work in the day. (mainly because my 'career' at the moment is Actual commuting between London and Dublin to spend time with someone amazing and Irish. It appears that can become a life choice for a while.)

Is on the river, past the apollo and down to the right then right a bit. (map'll be more help)

http://www.blueanchorlondon.com/

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.
  • Hi L
    good to see someone else on here tonight thought i was on my own.... :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Hey J! How you doing?
    'fraid it's a flying visit. I got back (back, again... Again) from Ireland last night so am just recovering and putting life back into gear, but all hope is ok with you. And with this place, of which I have not kept up with enough lately.... X
  • bit sad i can't afford to join most of you on friday night but i'm determining (hope spelt that right) to be at most of the spring tour (u.k) gigs.....x ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • We'll be sure to give you a 'cheers' & hope to see you / get to some stuff in the spring!
  • Thanks L :)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Laura said:

Is on the river, past the apollo and down to the right then right a bit. (map'll be more help)

http://www.blueanchorlondon.com/

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU.

This is on the edge of the river ? not far from the bridge , its 20 miles better than the chav bar by the tube station (where I last went in `90 as I recall) if its the pub I`m thinking of ...but its a pub , it serves beer and that`s the clincher , thanks for the help Laura . I went to the Blue A back in 2009 , 2010ish , fine summers day but had to drive and ended up ...(boring tale deleted) .

I`m training in and arriving at Shepherds Bush (where my hotel is) around 5ish , quick shower and off to Hammersmith a la pub via chip shop avec taxi toot toot .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-10-29 20:47:02
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!