Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
The "Clay" Appreciation Thread
  • No, I'm not sure what the confirmed name for it is yet but I'm starting a thread for that third clip from the trailer. Once we know I'll edit the title.

The way Alison sings the words "aaaancient staaaars" make me tingle like a very lovely thing indeed.

If a great Goldfrapp album is made up of lots of tiny shining moments then this is going to be one of them without a doubt.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-19 11:25:48
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • 212 Comments sorted by
  • as John Cleese would say "it's very niiice"
    "its MY favourite song"
  • I know I'm a little late to the party, but I've got to tell you I've fallen in love with this song.

Everything is perfect: arrangement, key changes, contrasting volume in the music and the singing. production.

Love the tragi-phoric atmosphere to this, especially having seen the letter. In a way I hope they haven't done a video for it as I'm sure a lot of us will have our own mental images. I'm so pleased Alison managed to manage her ideal of having all the filming done for it all before the album comes out - it will make for an easier promotion roundabout this time.

Alison & Will, what a dream team  B-)

• I give it a thumbs up too! I bet one dollar it'll be Clay...
  • Yes, it's my favourite part from trailer. Amazing.
  • It's gorgeous, that bit, and I'm seeing 'Laurel' appear twice during the song. Does she sing, 

"Your deep sea eyes,
    Ancient stars."

?

• chokka said:

I give it a thumbs up too! I bet one dollar it'll be Clay...

I did wonder that as it shows a character writing "Clay" but that seemed too obvious.

Didn't want to take the chance of saying that and then finding out it wasn't! :D
  • I'm a bit literal like that :)

I can't stop playing the trailer!!!
  • "Your deep sea eyes,
    Ancient stars."

Is it "deep sea eyes" or "gypsy eyes"? I heard gypsy eyes first, but i can hear deep sea eyes too.
  • I hear 'Deep sea eyes' have repeated it about five times and can still only hear it as that??? Sits waiting to be proven wrong... :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Anyone know how to 'grab' the audio of teaser - I fancy driving myself delirious with it on repeat while out & about @-)
  • It's my least favourite snippet in the trailer, so I could just see it ironically becoming one of my favourites on the album when I hear it in full :P
    Hard to tell from a snippet that I'm not even sure lasts 10 seconds, ya know?

• pascho said:

Anyone know how to 'grab' the audio of teaser - I fancy driving myself delirious with it on repeat while out & about @-)

Not sure if this will work...

Tales of Us-Album Teaser mp3 yes it does, right click and download linked file, Pascho.

• Sparky, you're wonderful! Many thanks
  • pascho said:

Sparky, you're wonderful! Many thanks

You're welcome!

• Ah, it was Clay then - thanks for that.

I can now make the thread title something a touch less than horribly vague.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-06-19 11:26:01

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!