Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
How will we cope on Sunday night?!
  • Hi everyone....I'm getting twitchy with frustration already as Sunday approaches and I'm unable to make the Bristol show...I was just wondering what other folks will do to cope if y'all feel like me! I reckon I might put my 2 tortoises on a lead and take them for a walk round the block (beats pacing the living room rug!). Aaargh....any suggestions!? xx
  • 26 Comments sorted by
  • Are you not able to go to a show later in the year?
  • Yes....going to the Hammersmith show (beams broadly). But that won't stop me twitching this week! (Maybe I'm just greedy?)
  • And as I'm in very daft mood, thought you might like to see a pic of 1 of said tortoises...of dubious gender...the caption reads "Meet my girlfriend, Michelle"  (the old jokes are the best...?!) xfile://localhost/Users/katrinarobin/Desktop/IMG_0139.JPG
  • That's prob not worked has it....oh dear, technowhizz I am not (musically I'm still on the tambourine too)
  • Wine.
  • Lol....unfortunately not!! I'm always this bonkers.
  • Well I cant make the Bristol show either but I will just tackle the jealousy head on by reading what peeps put on here about it. 

Its not greedy to want to go to more gigs because you are willing to pay for it!!!

• During the Hackney gig, I posted on t'GMB... bit of a commentary (eg "Jebus, there's summat called 'Melancholy Sky'!". I'm not going to Bristol, but maybe someone can do something similar?
  • During the Hackney gig, I posted on t'GMB... bit of a commentary (eg "Jebus, there's summat called 'Melancholy Sky'!". I'm not going to Bristol, but maybe someone can do something similar?

Given how frustrating the posting experience is on a mobile phone , where you need fingers the size of chocolate fingers but without the chocolate , I will be unable to fulfill this function . But I will be whizzing home to sunny Cardiff afterwards , where I can tap in a few things for Monday .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-17 17:19:55
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

I can try - although to be honest I think I will forget my intention as soon as the music will start... (I didn't make a single photo at the 8 out of 9 latest Goldfrapp gigs I attended - focus is on the music).
    Formerly known as alex_t.
  • alex_f said:

(I didn't make a single photo at the 8 out of 9 latest Goldfrapp gigs I attended - focus is on the music).

You da man , +1
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-18 06:16:02
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Yeah, I think enjoying the gig is priority for those going and a report post gig will be more than fine for us jealous, err, interested folks elsewhere.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I'll look forward to reading your posts. And to everyone going - have a great time. I hope you see Will too! :) xx
  • I will do some pre and post gig, but my phone will be firmly in my pocket whilSt Alison is on stage.
    "its MY favourite song"
  • me too, more likely ill be reporting afterwards... also, since i had my iphone stolen im making do with one that doesn't really take pictures / go on line, so haven't got a chance of reporting!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!