Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
ADMIN PLEASE NOTE: Forum issues
  • I hope admin don't mind me starting such a thread here? It should prove useful...

Just a little buggette... myself and others are seeing a reminder about e-mail confirmation - permanently on screen - even after we have confirmed. It says: "You need to confirm your email address. Click here to resend the confirmation email."

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-11-15 09:37:19
  • 621 Comments sorted by
  • It looks like hyperlinks in posts are white and can't be seen that way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "I think it is our job to dream"

• WW, I think you were asking for "votes" on each post? There they are now... :)

I know, HJ!  You're a freakin' magician, Marc.  And, it's not even your day job!  If you would like to talk about a "ratings" website as a side job, PM me.
  • Ummm, it looks like you vote for the whole thread, though.  That won't work for what I had in mind.  Not complaining, since I'm not even sure how well it would work.  My ratings website would work a lot better.  ;~j
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-11 10:35:49
  • Yo HJ , for anyone wanting to know how to do it -

1. Go to YT video you want to embed click on the Share button , click where it says "Embed" and copy the gibberish in the box
    2. Go to Goldfrapp forum
    3. Write your words of loveliness
    4. Click the last icon in the text formatting controls , looks like a piece of paper with a greater than and lesser than signs on it
    5. Your written word formatting will change
    6. Press return (or the videos can post out of shape)
    7. Paste the aforementioned gibberish
    8. Press "Post Comment" 

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-11 11:16:04
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Personally i'd skip images in sigs, it just creates clutter. That's the minimalist designer in me of course ;-)
    This is my signature. Here's my Twitter account!
  •  
    Admin said:

Added post edited info... good?

Edited this...

Good , stops people editing their posts and making you look a dingleberry when you comment haha
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • hi yall, i think the link to pre order on usa itunes is not working. and oooh please i hope new single, single mix album mix, instrumental, etc...yeyyy
  • Admin said:

On a separate note, i'm wondering if we should give some of the super users of the previous forum some kind of moderation status, to help us keep the site tidy? Was there anything like that in the previous msg board? I'll suggest this to management. Ciao for now!

As others have mentioned, we did suggest this to a few folks when the
    spam started raining in but never really got that idea off the ground.
    I'm on there/here pretty much every day (sad or dedicated you may
    decide) so will be happy to help out where possible. Even if it's just
    as a conduit to report genuine bugs to Adam or to clear out spam users
    that get through the gates we'll be more than happy to help out.

By the way, it's a really gorgeous new site & art direction.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Sartori said:

Anyone know how to log out on your mobile ? I think I need to reset it but I can`t see how to log out 

on my mobile i've just been using the sign out button, just under the goldfrapp logo near the top of the page
    softlad said:

And what the hell is this?!! -> [..]

er... does it have anything to do with whatever this one is....  <):) 
    and is this one something to do with oral sex... 
    =))
  • Sartori said:

Anyone know how to log out on your mobile ? I think I need to reset it but I can`t see how to log out 

In proper mobile mode, the "sign out" button is right at the bottom, on the right, next to a "Full site" option. For me, I still get the stupid "you need to confirm.." message across the bottom, which partially hides those 2 buttons.
  • Admin - my forum seems broken , I looked at a post and the word "Alan" was missing from it ? 

EDIT: oh hang one , I waited 5 seconds and its there now .
  • If you're feeling low on Alannic acid, take two jozzies and call me in the morning.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I was locked out of my account. I changed my password and yeah, forgot it and forgot to write it down. I would click on the "Forgot Password" icon and a window would tell me reset instructions shall be sent to my e-mail address. Well, I never received such e-mail and I was in a panic and mad at myself for not writing down the new password. So I am very grateful that some Admins/Mods have their e-mail address for such occasions. When a person cannot even log in. Again, I wish to thank HJ for his reply and solution.

So, if you forget your password, and click, "Forgot Password," you will not receive the password reset link e-mail. I had a look-see at this boards (Vanilla) help forums and it seems this is a problem that is being worked on, so they say...
    mahogany= my agony
    'the wind...the wind'

• How do you delete a thread?

• regarding the email. i haven't had mine yet? im using a hotmail account, ive checked the spam folder. nothing?

please don't think im spam. don't kick me out! *covers bottom* :p

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!