Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales of Us - Film
  • 60 Comments sorted by
  • Stranger said:

If it's DONE done, than I see no reason not to include it in the box to complete the narrative and make it a whole. It seems so odd to not do that. Especially since the price of the box is ridiculously high.

I'd say they're making very little money of it, short runs are jolly expensive, even more so with the included book. Even so I concur, there is little to be gained from not including it - if you're making a DVD then fill it. It would have been great to add video of them making it to the 5.1 .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • HolyOwl said:

No, please... :( 

+1 , thread bumping is bad
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Yeah enough now, seriously, we don't need countdowns for stuff, especially for stuff that we don't actually know a solid proper release date for (just because the date for this is listed on the BBFC site doesn't mean that's when we'll get it).
  • o.k's i won't bother anymore then........
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • No offense, I get your enthusiasm but I think it's enough with two threads already/still in the countdown, innit? ;)
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-18 06:10:35
    Be patient.
  • i saw something on twitter saying the tales of us film events will be at showcase cinemas , sounds likely cause they do do music events. i've tweeted them asking if its right, i'll let you know if they reply. 
  • Sartori said:

Stranger said:

If it's DONE done, than I see no reason not to include it in the box to complete the narrative and make it a whole. It seems so odd to not do that. Especially since the price of the box is ridiculously high.

I'd say they're making very little money of it, short runs are jolly expensive, even more so with the included book. Even so I concur, there is little to be gained from not including it - if you're making a DVD then fill it. It would have been great to add video of them making it to the 5.1 .

I agree. A documentary or behind-the-scenes making of TOU would be nice.
  • Didn't alison say on the graham norton interview the film would be shown in the new year? i'm guessing they don't wanna put it on the DVD before the cinema shows.

but yes to what saizo and sartori said ^
  • Especially with all the traveling Alison did, she could literally put together a "home movies" type of bonus. Maybe a collection of her Instagram pics. I dunno.  ;)
  • well, today is the date. still no information or i missed something?
  • ^ hmmm true i'm really sure it said 29th oct.... & have'nt heard anything about delays e.c.t. so i don't know?
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I`m sure she said New Year about it in an interview .
  • And she said they'd be playing live at the launch wherever that is
  • I could swear they made us think there would be a film for each song on the album at the beggining? And didn't they say Will would also appear on some?
  • No, they only ever spoke of 4 or 5 songs.
    Formerly known as alex_t.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!