Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 769 Comments sorted by
  • ^great birds, cervus. I see them over my garden once in a while too. Imagine if if was like in the olden days, when they used to take clothes off washing lines and scavenge the streets.

I'd recommend a visit to Gigrin Farm in mid Wales if you're a fan.
  • There are a lot around the Chilterns now we are even seeing them in North London where I work too....I did see on Springwatch that there was a pair somewhere (place escapes me) that had stolen clothes of washing lines and cuddly toys from gardens to put in the nest. So it is still happening. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • My indoor kitchen marjoram seems to be going flower-crazy. It's gone from tiny little white hairs to full on flower heads in only a few days. Just used a heap of leaves to flavour some steamed rice and I now stink of the stuff. You only have to go near it for it to grab you! :))

I've heard you can take the flowers and stick them in olive oil for a week to make a really concentrated flavour for cooking with etc? Anybody know their herbs and can confirm I'm not falling for some false info?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Cervus said:

There are two Red Kites over the fields at the front of the house......only normally see one so that good be a good sign they they might set up a territory and breed next year. They are so elegant and effortless.

We have a lot over my way too, it's rare now to go a day without seeing at least one. It's fun watching them appear further and further away from the original site where they were reintroduced. The programme seems to be a real success, round here anyhow. They're beautiful, impressive birds.

• I've heard you can take the flowers and stick them in olive oil for a week to make a really concentrated flavour for cooking with etc? Anybody know their herbs and can confirm I'm not falling for some false info?

You can and leave it to infuse for a week or two. It will depend on how good a plant you have as the essential oils can vary but it would appear that you have a very good one....(the more sun and heat tends to produce a stronger oil concentration in the foliage in my experience) It is definitely worth a go anyway there is nothing to loose.

The Kites are still hanging around and they have even been a bit vocal so maybe just maybe they might stay for the spring.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • Cervus said:

I've heard you can take the flowers and stick them in olive oil for a week to make a really concentrated flavour for cooking with etc? Anybody know their herbs and can confirm I'm not falling for some false info?

You can and leave it to infuse for a week or two. It will depend on how good a plant you have as the essential oils can vary but it would appear that you have a very good one....(the more sun and heat tends to produce a stronger oil concentration in the foliage in my experience) It is definitely worth a go anyway there is nothing to loose.

Ta for that - if the leaves are anything to go by then mine is doing well and stuffed to the gills with the oils. You only have to brush the leaves and you can smell it on you all day!

I shall find a nice little jar and get infusing! :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Barn Owls.....
    while walking home from work a few weeks ago at around 1am i counted 6 barn owl pirched on top of telegraph poles & could hear others in trees in fields wonderful to see....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • I wondered where my panda bears had got to, hope they live a long life and have a chance to thrive....
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Jozzy81 said:

Barn Owls.....
    while walking home from work a few weeks ago at around 1am i counted 6 barn owl pirched on top of telegraph poles & could hear others in trees in fields wonderful to see....

I love owls ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • me too, i have'nt seen or heard any since but i'm sure there still around......
    been living here 26 years & only in the last few years have we seen barn owls. ;)
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • What about badgers, sad they want to wipe them out, where is the justice in that eh :(
    It's a re-creation
    My imagination

It's a re-creation
    My imagination
  • yep still alot of badgers around here don't think they've started it here yet :( hope they don't either
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Badgers are way cute. After cats my other favourite animal are Pandas. Not many left but lovely looking.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Good taste (in animals) Cw36. Cats. bears, foxes, wolfs and elephants are my favorite mammals ;)

It's a re-creation
    My imagination

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!