Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Later with Jools Holland - BBC2(HD) - 1 Oct 2013
  • 259 Comments sorted by
  • scheduled for 1 oct with extended show on 4 oct
  • ^yay!  :D
  • Great news! I do love jools.
  • Woohoo! I love 'Later'. I hope Jools interviews her :)
  • I do not like Jools one bit tbh. Still cannot wait for Goldfrapp to be on his show though.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • He always interviews her. Im not a fan of his oiled slickness but hes the only live music show left on cheap UK tv. Thats not on at 3am.
  • I dunno how to say what I think of Jools Holland, his music does nothing for me, Squeeze bore the pants off me but I love his enthusiasm for ALL music, credit where it's due.

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • I think he's one of the best, partly because I discovered GF through one of his shows. He has featured Goldfrapp at each phase apart from Head First. And he plays great boogie piano
  • I dunno how to say what I think of Jools Holland, his music does nothing for me, Squeeze bore the pants off me but I love his enthusiasm for ALL music, credit where it's due.

Awwwwe. I liked Squeeze. I had some fond karaoke memories during high school singing some of their music. I still can't believe Jools Holland was in Squeeze.
  • Me too. Especially Up the Junction and Labelled with Love. Do not like him too much though.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • I still find Jools Hollands Later show the only music show on TV. Be surprised if Goldfrapp are not the headliners on his show as I think he likes Alison a little even if slightly wary of her when interviewing her.
    The only downside is I'm finding his show getting absurd with some people he has on eg. Kanye West fucking awful last show. Leave that tripe for MTV. What's next, Miley Cyrus?
  • I think the last time Goldfrapp were on the show was 2008, and the last time Jools interviewed Alison was 2005. Not certain, mind.
  • I'm not sure what to think of old Jools show

I do watch the show, though most of the time it's boring white guitar band stuff. Occasionally he does have more interesting things on.... Sea Sick Steve, Grimes, and Guramul stand out. 

I sort of think you have to respect him because of The Tube, which was pretty ground breaking in that it was the first show where TV presenters presented themselves as being just (fairly) ordinary people, and took the piss out of themselves, the media and everyone else ... he does have a good feeling for the musics roots though, and an immense respect for blues and jazz, big band and swing, that obviously is the ground pop music rests on 

and anyway he's been doing it for so long he's a bit of an institution.

He lived pretty close to where I last used to live in the UK and would turn up to my local cafe with a bunch of his vintage car mates at the end of a run, and I can vouch for the fact that in he's just a regular sort of person, no airs and graces and I respect him for that;

The biggest problem with the show is the aweful mixing.... the sound is never that good... 
    Post edited by la_catalina at 2013-09-22 12:00:51
  • franz ferdinand have first say in the tivo guide so i guess they are classed as 'headliners'. booooya to headliners
  • ... and an immense respect for blues and jazz, big band and swing, that obviously is the ground pop music rests on 

Liesput about about by by crazy 12hr sax solo fans, I`m calling Jeremy Kyle and having you burnt as a witch . ;)
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!