Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales of Us: Rank the Songs (Best to Worst)
  • 78 Comments sorted by
  • TALES OF US = My Fav Updated.....
    1. Drew
    2. Thea
    3. Jo
    4. Annabel
    5-10 = can't do as of yet need more time.....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Jo_ey said:

10 THEA 
    The only track that I don't get much from at this point. At this time I would rather Tales mirror the 9 track entirety of Felt Mountain with the omittance of this song but I suppose I should admire how much of a red herring Thea is (even though Oompa Radar - the Felt stand out track - is another song I don't understand). Maybe I would feel differently hearing this live; I torn as to whether I think it needs a little more production to make it more interesting. it somehow sounds halfway between wanting to be stripped back or being heavily produced and pounding -  it's a little lost! I'm bored by the time the chorus kicks in.. I'm hoping it'll grow over time but for the moment, it's definitely weaker than the other 9 songs.

Definitely agree with you here and I think this is the exact reason I dislike it the most out of all of the tracks!

Sucks because people were describing it as the electronic track of the album and that really got me pumped. But, it's like trying to be electronic yet trying to blend in with the rest of the album and it just, doesn't work...

Same! I think it'll start to grow on me over time, maybe it's to do with it being the only one I've not wwatched being performed in the flesh or just the sheer shock of how different it is. It just has no interesting section like the other songs.. Jo, Laurel, Stranger..Simone.. they all have something unique to take away with you. I find Thea struggles a bit :/ Even the middle section adds nothing for me. I may feel differently if i hear this live or in a club though! That would be good...
  • I think this album is my favourite Goldrapp album to date. In order of my favourites first tracks are as follows:

1)Simone
    2)Laurel
    3)Ulla
    4)Jo
    5)Drew
    6)Stranger
    7)Annabel
    8)Thea
    9)Alvar
    10)Clay

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!