Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Fan encounters with Alison
  • 33 Comments sorted by
  • I've met Alison twice. It's too painful to talk about the second time... ;) As someone who has spent time with TONS of 'famous' people and performers in life, because of my jobs, and never found myself star struck or giddy... it was shameful not to be able to have an actual, normal conversation with her.

And I was fairly. Umm. Tipsy.

Hopefully one day I'll redeem myself!
  • Alison & Will at Eden, Will at a couple of others.

Came out a portaloo at Eden and there was Alison about to head in. Held the door for her (I'm a gentleman) and tried not to look very, very embarrassed at the situation!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ^
    Should she have given it a few minutes then 
    :-))
  • Luckily nothing like that. Could've been very awkward!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Half an hour after the gig in Lublin, Poland, two weeks ago :)

• ^hello  :-h
    thats lovely, hope you enjoyed the gig!
  • The gig was incredible! I've never been to their concert before. Alison sounds amazing on stage. And she looks so beautiful. I'm so happy that she came to us after the show. It was after the midnight, we were calling her name for half an hour and she finally showed up. She was very nice, a bit shy, so lovely! Precious moment! :)
  • I've always hated the word fan, it is short for fanatical after all. As a shy person myself, some other people don't realise that it's possible to do a performing job, whether teaching, public speaking, or in the arts, and still be a bit reclusive and socially shy. It is a job at the end of the day. It must be incredibly stressful to be in the public eye, not everyone there courts the publicity. It saddens me that there have been these stupid comments about Alison's " attitude" in the past. No one who writes such beautiful and sensitive songs and lyrics could have a bad-ass attitude ( though we all get tired and grumpy....some of us often!). If ever I were to meet her, I just hope she d have Maus with her, cos I find mutts make for great nerve tonic. It's never going to happen of course, but at least I've always got a spare dog treat in my pocket!!
  • KatRobin said:

As a shy person myself, some other people don't realise that it's possible to do a performing job, whether teaching, public speaking, or in the arts, and still be a bit reclusive and socially shy. It is a job at the end of the day. It must be incredibly stressful to be in the public eye, not everyone there courts the publicity. It saddens me that there have been these stupid comments about Alison's " attitude" in the past. 

totally agree kat.

KatRobin said:

, I just hope she d have Maus with her, cos I find mutts make for great nerve tonic. 

you seem to be able to talk to anyone when you've got your dog with you don't you?! 
  • @katrobin @ping totally agree with the sentiment and the dog stuff. A lot of the recent stuff is about lack of comminication from the Goldfrapp Corporate Machine! As UT said in a differnt thread - We are not expecting an invite to dinner, just some things once in a while to ease the addiction.  

What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • it wasn't my intention for it to seem like i was relating my comment to anything you guys said, sorry if you took it that way! on the old board a looooooong time ago there was a thread titled 'proof of alison's distemper' that's the sort of thing i was thinking of. alison has long been accused of been a bit spikey, something that i've thought was rather unfair, i don't for one minute think thats anything you have suggested.

i had assumed that was the sort of thing Kat was referring to, no offence intended :)
  • None taken @ping I just wanted to provide some clarity. There are 1 or 2 of us still smarting over the Copenhaggen debacle (Mainly UT and me) and the lack of communication from Goldfrapp Ltd. No comms = Rude some would say.
  • Yes Ping, that's what I was referring to.
    In these days of Twitter, websites, mass communications... I can't see why anyone gets frustrated about Alison's ( or anyone else's!) "lack of communication"? I take your point Appy, but Crikey, I don't take offence or think anyone has been rude! Alison and co have had a hell of a busy and successful year and I feel that since coming on board ( the GMB), I've learned a lot, made new "friends" and been embraced. Warm fuzzies all round!! :x
  • Am I being naive.....?! Lol
  • It's all about loyalty to the people that matter - they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the fans and I consider the MB to be hardcore! Two way street and all that!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!