Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 176 Comments sorted by
  • What's worse than being told what do with your own art?
    Creator of Goldfrapp Jukebox, the most complete Goldfrapp music library on the Internet
  • It would also explain why they promptly returned to standalone Mute instead of sticking with EMI, and we know they weren't overly happy with having to put out The Singles which we also know was dictated by EMI.
  • You can tell by how excited Alison is and overjoyed and blissful lately that they've had 100% TOTAL control over this album. I think we're gonna be hit by a freight train here. Or perhaps... a Frapptrain. heh. Sorry, had to.

Seriously hoping for some B-sides/covers though.
  • Yay I want b-sides more than that, I want sleep, damn you Siouxsie keeping me awake all night by being so great.....
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline

• Little bit of context re 'Head First'.  The 'vibe' before that album was even released was negative, so much so that I started a thread in order for haters to pour their bile into one receptacle instead of spreading it over the board.
  • softlad said:

Little bit of context re 'Head First'.  The 'vibe' before that album was even released was negative, so much so that I started a thread in order for haters to pour their bile into one receptacle instead of spreading it over the board.

Hardly!! I only remember people not liking it after all tracks were heard or after Rocket?? Even after Rocket I was looking forward to album because it might've been different. Don't recall a vibe.
  • Ah, well what I've done there then is imagined it, started a thread and then members have started ragging on it.  My bad. #-o 
  • Head First was a strange time
    What happened, I remember, sarcky is the tracks leaked, a lot of people hated it and after album was released there were two threads for those who liked it and those who don't.

• That thread above was started just as 'Rocket' was released as a single.  If you look you'll see that about ten threads in a poster mentions that at the time only three / two and a half tracks had been heard.  There were numerous posters, the usual suspects at the time, who were being negative. Free speech and all that so I started a thread for them. No biggie. I feel it illustrates, for the purposes of this thread, that right from the off 'Head First' was a contentious release.  Rumour has it they were approached for a sponsorship deal with Marmite.
  • Have I menrioned that I really enjoy Head First?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Have I menrioned that I really enjoy Head First?

• Head First is, for the most part, happy, bouncy and fun.

So yeah I liked it. Just not as much as I'd hoped.

• There's not a thing that Goldfrapp has made  that I don't adore.  When all of the buzz hit about Head First hit, it did make me pause and I think Carpathian's early comment is dead on.  But, I adore it.  And, I love the title so very much as "Head First" is exactly how I dive into anything.  Something that really drove it home, for me, and I should that Ms. A sometime for it, is the question that, still, continue to be lodged in my head.  "Which one do you like most of all of their songs".  I finally found the answer.  The one that is playing.  And, if it's not Goldfrapp playing, I'm patiently waiting for it to play.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-16 19:42:54
  • juanbjorn said:

I really liked Head First, did yall?
    photo gc.jpg

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Rocket was a fun tune but an album of similar just made me turn it off frankly.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!