Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 176 Comments sorted by
  • Have I menrioned that I really enjoy Head First?
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • iuventus said:

Have I menrioned that I really enjoy Head First?

• Head First is, for the most part, happy, bouncy and fun.

So yeah I liked it. Just not as much as I'd hoped.

• There's not a thing that Goldfrapp has made  that I don't adore.  When all of the buzz hit about Head First hit, it did make me pause and I think Carpathian's early comment is dead on.  But, I adore it.  And, I love the title so very much as "Head First" is exactly how I dive into anything.  Something that really drove it home, for me, and I should that Ms. A sometime for it, is the question that, still, continue to be lodged in my head.  "Which one do you like most of all of their songs".  I finally found the answer.  The one that is playing.  And, if it's not Goldfrapp playing, I'm patiently waiting for it to play.
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-06-16 19:42:54
  • juanbjorn said:

I really liked Head First, did yall?
    photo gc.jpg

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Rocket was a fun tune but an album of similar just made me turn it off frankly.
  • come yall play it one more time, start with voicething
  • Yes I like it. And I play it in its entirety. Hunt is brilliant and I have used Alive in dj sets
    Voicething makes me think of Enya, in a good way.

Head First is not their best album but it is a good album. :-)
  • I liked the tour, album was a bit dull.
  • yeah, the live shows were really fun.  she did say at the time she'd really been enjoying the tour right?  the band that they had and everything... some of the shows I saw on that tour were my favourite ever goldfrapp shows (brighton, for example.  a LOT of fun!)
  • iuventus said:

I liked it. I believe its by that duo Golfrapp so it was none too bad >:D<

and who could forget the giant tin foil doughnut live? Not I. But then maybe I'm easily pleased. Nope.
    Post edited by thathurt at 2013-06-17 18:08:06
  • As some are mentioning, the best way to experience the album was most certainly live.

Even the half of the album I wasn't so keen on made for fantastic fun on tour.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • thathurt said:

iuventus said:

and who could forget the giant tin foil doughnut live? Not I. But then maybe I'm easily pleased. Nope.

I wanted that big doughnut.... So I could emerge through it at work ....
  • the black tape coat was a bit special as well.......

though possible not as... *ahem*... 'special' as the outfits the band were in.......

• Laura said:

the black tape coat was a bit special as well.......

though possible not as... *ahem*... 'special' as the outfits the band were in.......

That'll be Davide's bacofoil romper suit then? :))
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!