Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 58 Comments sorted by
  • i LOVE watching grand designs. i have to say my favourite one wasn't all that ingenious or unique. but still. Flamouth: Kathryn Tyler

hope that link works. its a link to the iTunes store where you can watch it.

EDIT - also, if you look at any of Kathryn's interior projects they are just as lovely. :)
    Post edited by cookiee_munster at 2013-06-16 07:45:00
  • Sparky - LIKE . I am a fan of the Natural History Museum in London in a big way (not my pic) . the curves in the arches , the stone work , the detail - gargoyles etc , gorgeous . 

"Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • Gorgeous pic, Sartori! I'm into gothic and baroque as well as modern stuff. this is the park behind Big Ben...

imageimage

•  Lovely pics Sparky , there was a 3 part series on TV (BBC2 as I recall) that explained the meanings behind everything within churches , gargoyles , etc , it was the Hidden Meanings of Churches or something like that (???) , although I barely remember the series or the meanings , it does make me look at things like gargoyles etc in a different light , that they have a story . 
    Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-16 09:23:37
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • rewak said:

OMG! CONKER!?
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • rewak said:

Rewak! I never knew you were ginger! And there's nothing cool about finger quotes.... ;)

• The roof of The Sage in Gateshead does it for me.

Having panels at so many angles means that as the sky changes, it changes - quite dramatically so at times.

All pics taken by me and jammed together!

Now that is the cats bollocks . In Cardiff we have the Millennium Centre or Armadillo as we call it locally , that does something similarish , its insides are well....incredi-wood-ble . You`ll have seen quite a bit of it , discretely in Dr Who or Torchwood . Not my pics btw .

Post edited by Sartori at 2013-06-16 11:28:45
  • A London one for you, best in the architecture and design. These are known as (Boris Johnson) vanity buses. I don't use the route so have yet to travel on one, has anyone else?

Took one last year to SW4 festival , now you mention it , I like the roundy edges .

• For those who don't know Boris Johnson...

• I heard him described as "Basically a bouncy castle with Alzheimers" .
  • One of my photos from the British Museum (London)

• A statue of a hero of my childhood in Cardiff Museum 

• Wow!  I've never been a fan of modern architecture but you guys are chaging my mind.

And, Sartori, while no ka-tumps or anything, still like your tastes.  You've got quite an eye.  While I realize some are not your pics, that Natural Hstory Museum is breathtaking.  Too bad you don't recall mroe about the gargoyles.  You've got me curious enough, I'll have to do some searching and see what I can find.  I'll report back, if anyone is interested.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!