Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
  • 58 Comments sorted by
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • On the way to Somerset House, I espied a bit of carved stone

"Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • A kitchen in Tokyo , I love the `wrapping around` the stairs bring to the apartment . (from article at http://www.dwell.com/design-101/article/10-more-tiny-kitchens-we-love )

• I have a penchant for the American Architect Frank Lloyd Wright - ever since seeing the Guggenheim Museum in New York. A man way ahead of his time the aforementioned was opening in 1959 yet it could have been built last year! This set the ball roll and have since visited his iconic house Fallingwater, Oak Park, Chicago and Taliesin West, Phoenix.

Guggenheim (built 1959) NY
    Fallingwater (built 1935), Pennsylvania
    Robie House (built 1909) Oak Park, Chicago
    Taliesin West,(built 1937), Phoenix
    What if the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about?
  • "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
  • Anyone been watching 'Gadget Man' with Richard Ayode on Channel 4?  Well, the house they use is up for sale.  Called the Lime Works, it is in Kent and was on the market for £3,750,000 !  It has been reduced and is now a snip at a flat £2,000,000.  Certainly an unusal design.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.
  • I don't watch that but never miss Grand Designs , good one this week , got his hands well dirty and didn't throw money at it . £2 million earth pounds you say , looks a bit too Dexters Lab for me .
    Post edited by Sartori at 2014-09-10 20:06:50
  • Was that the Cross Lam project Sartori? Wonderful space although a bit too woody. I never understand how they get building control approval - the ladders and staircases didn't meet any regulations I'm aware of. Talking wood we went to a wedding last weekend, the reception was held at Mark Wilkinson's house a renound kitchen and furniture designer. Fantastic house - even the door hinges were made from wood! Here's an article about him http://shar.es/11QbBH - fascinating bloke to talk to.
  • It was , it looked nice but it was too woody as you noted , like a farmhouse wood theme on speed . The downstairs looked like a building site , impressed by his work ethic but the decor was not to my taste . Elf and Safety would have an art attack
  • Read through that link , very nice . He has that look of interestingness to him , must have been an experience in his house
  • I was in complete awe of the place and man and he seemed to enjoyed the lively conversation we had.
  • Sartori said:

I don't watch that but never miss Grand Designs , good one this week , got his hands well dirty and didn't throw money at it . £2 million earth pounds you say , looks a bit too Dexters Lab for me .

Apparently, it is a fairly modern conversion of two 1930's water towers into a 6 bed Art Deco home.
    Is that Dexter, the blood spatter analyst serial killer? Loved that series! A mass murderer but you supported him all the way as he killed scum bags. Perhaps we should send him Alex Salmond's address.
    The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ.
    Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit.
    Shall lure it back to cancal half a line,
    Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!