Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • Thea is my undisputed champion of the whole album. =D>
  • Unexpectedly for me, mine's probably Laurel. Alison really plays that part and then some!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • For some reason US iTunes has decided NOT to list Tales of Us on their new releases page. That's not gonna help sales.

[-(

hunter
  • I doubt that marketing would much affect Goldfrapp's sales in the US.
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • Laura said:

I've had a break for some corrie and 'blackout' on la tv, now one more listen before bed.

So, no letdown after the release, Laura, like after a concert?  Sorry to be so nosy but my curiosity quotient is always up.  And, I thought, "no", a CD is different, then I thought, actually, "yes" it is very similar - nothing new for awhile, then "no"....well, as you can see I was getting nowhere on answering on my own.   ;)  I'm going to get my copy first thing this morning!!!
    Post edited by Whickwithy at 2013-09-10 07:15:29
  • It's been 30 hours now and I'm in trouble. No let down. Nothing but the fear that I'm going to over do it..... Listened on cd at home about a million times, and it's been on my iPad whilst I've been out.

I'm meeting my sister for dinner in town tonight. Almost suggested she comes over, just to I don't have to part with it.

Oh my GOD. This should calm down in a couple of days I'm sure......
  • Laura said:

It's been 30 hours now and I'm in trouble. No let down. Nothing but the fear that I'm going to over do it..... Listened on cd at home about a million times, and it's been on my iPad whilst I've been out.

I'm meeting my sister for dinner in town tonight. Almost suggested she comes over, just to I don't have to part with it.

Oh my GOD. This should calm down in a couple of days I'm sure......

Not dissimilar this end. On a constant loop. :)
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • It's very fortunate that my summer season has just come to an end, as I've been listening to TOU pretty non-stop the past day & a half. In bed, in the bath, kitchen/diner. At least I'm not someone who listens to music while outside, so I've had a few breaks!
  • Haha. Glad I'm not the only one totally obsessed!! I'll have a break tonight.

*sits in restaurant with one earphone hidden in under my hair*
  • Old tika_ree_Ree here. Album is 10/10
  • Laura said:

No let down.

I'm glad, Laura.  I wasn't concerned about you being let down by the tunes, just the fact that it was now released and when is the next one??!?!  Haha! 

Just got my copy.  But, it's a lousy day and I expect tomorrow will be, also.  So, like Holy Owl, I'll wait for the stage to be set right.  Autumn is basically here, so all I need to do is wait for a beautiful, Autumn, reminiscent day and begin.  Hahaha!  By late Autumn, I'm sure I will be reminiscing about how awesome these well-etched-into-my brain tunes are!
  • Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.

Yep, Laura - I should be pacing myself too but it's not happening. I actually had two other cds arrive on Monday and they're still in their shrink wrap. Oops.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • like you guys i've been listening pretty much on a loop since i got it. i'm really loving listening to it all. i can't pick out preferred tracks at the moment because my favourite is whichever one i'm listening to at that moment. so far i've only listened to it as a whole and haven't picked out individual ones to play. someone said that its sum is greater than its parts; i'm getting that. each song is its own little world and every time i listen i find a new place there.
  • I can say that, for me, the most immediate tracks were: Drew, Thea and Clay. And that the most subtle "growers" were Simone and Laurel.
  • I had the "leak" a while ago, but now my purchased Album has arrived. Sounds SO good, music doesn't get much better than this.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!