Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • No worries. I'll just have to wake up extra early for work tomorrow and download. :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • I want to see if the album sounds different in the 24-bit WAV because there are moments when Alison's vocals get a little pixelated/filtered (don't know the correct word to describe it). I hear it in the beginning of "Jo" and in the middle of "Drew" and maybe somewhere else I can't remember. Hmm.
  • "Tales of Us" will be released next Monday in Poland. :)
  • Jo_ey said:

I want to see if the album sounds different in the 24-bit WAV because there are moments when Alison's vocals get a little pixelated/filtered (don't know the correct word to describe it). I hear it in the beginning of "Jo" and in the middle of "Drew" and maybe somewhere else I can't remember. Hmm.

The word you`re after is "artifacts" :) , took me twenty minutes and a cup of coffee to recall that though .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • So I see the download for Deluxe Edition buyers is available. Did anyone receive an e-mail notification about it? Seems Sandbag never sends me any messages.
  • I bought the download version only (ie not the deluxe) and got no email. I was hardly gonna forget today was the day, though! :)
  • Just went and bought my vinyl from HMV and got a free vinyl/laptop carrying bag! Bonus!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Lucky Carp. I wish they didn't close down my local HMV and put another bloody Morrissons (which we already have on the same High Street) in its place, I would have happily got it from there instead *sigh*

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • The bag is branded with an HMV logo but it IS black and white so kinda fits the day's theme!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • What a nice bonus Carp! Enjoy!
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Think I'm on about listen 5.

It's really incredible isn't it... I mean, I know I lean towards the slightly biased, but it really is vert very wonderful.. I'd stuck it out and hadn't heard any of it since the live shows so to have the whole thing playing now, in order, on my stereo as it should be, is such a wonderful treat that was so worth the wait.

Am loving Jo and Clay as I thought I might after the live shows, but I couldn't pick a favourite at the moment. I think it all sits together really beautifully as a whole.

And I've cried quite a lot. I always do when they return, but this ain't no 'head first' kinda crying!
  • I have listened about 7 times. I love it. I have got a few of the tracks well and truly in my head. It compares well to all the other Frapp albums. Will end up with it on a couple more times tonight.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Laura, I held out too, with just a few plays of the 2 songs-with-vids.

I love Jo as the opening track... sets the tone perfectly.

It's true that musically there's little edginess, except for maybe the trebly guitar in Alvar (which reminds me very much of Viv Albertine's style). But that's not a criticism. It creates its own little world of sad, touching stories with brilliant cohesion... no need for any gimmicks - musical or otherwise.

It's really hard to name a couple favourites. Laurel maybe? The vocal goes places Alison's never gone before. Argh..but so many others impress. It's like having a group of 10 people suddenly move in, and you want to get to know them all... at once. :)

Post edited by Halloween_Jack at 2013-09-09 10:02:35
  • Still haven' played it, waiting for the right weather and right place. 
    The first time should be magical, they say. :D

However, it's prepared and ready now in best quality for whenever and wherever I will be ready for listening to it.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-09 10:11:29
    Be patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!