Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • my vinyl arrived this morning & got to say it amazing best tracks so far drew & thea :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • tales of us is now at #6 in UK itunes chart
  • Thea is also my favorite track on the initial first listen, I am going to wait until I have familiarised myself a bit more before I even attempt a review, I will just say it's a great album, and one hand to me it sounds nothing like previous Goldfrapp yet very distinctly Goldfrapp at the same time if that is possible?

It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • and one hand to me it sounds nothing like previous Goldfrapp yet very distinctly Goldfrapp at the same time if that is possible?

Makes total sense.

For all the mentions of FM and 7T (by even the band themselves) it really isn't like either of them. There's a couple of little parts that remind me of things but the album as a whole is very much it's own thing.

Like others I'm forming thoughts but I'm having a few days more to play and reflect before typing anything properly. I know it's hitting the spot for me to quite an extent, but the why's and how's can follow.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • I am now on my sixth listen and I feel as if I know these characters already. It is a truly wonderful piece of work. Yet again there have been more tears and words simply cannot express how I am feeling about it at the moment. The first time the songs tended to blend together but from the second time they are becoming their own individual animals and it is marvellous.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • and one hand to me it sounds nothing like previous Goldfrapp yet very distinctly Goldfrapp at the same time if that is possible?

Makes total sense.

For all the mentions of FM and 7T (by even the band themselves) it really isn't like either of them. There's a couple of little parts that remind me of things but the album as a whole is very much it's own thing.

Like others I'm forming thoughts but I'm having a few days more to play and reflect before typing anything properly. I know it's hitting the spot for me to quite an extent, but the why's and how's can follow.

Yeah, I think of those ST and FM references as being just that a reference point nothing more. I can accept that this album would come as a disappointment to fans less into that kind of sound but more into the Black Cherry/Supernature vibe. I see a couple of Amazon reviewers have really slated it, which seems a bit sad as they surely haven't allowed time for the album to grow, and it is obviously going to be more that sort of album. That said this second listen I am just adoring it and feel all goosebumpy ;)
    Post edited by Border_Mind at 2013-09-09 14:47:44
    It's a re-creation
    Again I live another life
    My imagination
    Can't cross the borderline
  • Remember to post your reviews/reactions in our "Reviews By Us" thread. :)
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Whats the poster like that came with the vinyl ?.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Tales of Us is SUBLIME on a hi fi.

• I really wish thr Goldfrapp ads would stop saying buy it from f ing Amazon! F right off Amazon, itll be a strange day when I give you money.
  • I have it! The USA edition. It's very nice, glossy packaging.
    Post edited by dreaming at 2013-09-09 15:55:59
  • The album was getting a spin in Revolution Software offices today according to one of the developers blogs, they make the Broken Sword games among other things, i just thought that was cool.
  • thathurt said:

I really wish thr Goldfrapp ads would stop saying buy it from f ing Amazon! F right off Amazon, itll be a strange day when I give you money.

The file path of the deluxe box set download went to an Amazon server.
    Though we may deserve it, it will be worth it.
  • I've had a break for some corrie and 'blackout' on la tv, now one more listen before bed.

I can't get over how wonderful it sounds on the stereo.

I think Clay is a perfect final track..... (am still, also, forming all other thoughts and views on all tracks!)
  • listening to TOU gives me chills & goosebumps every time & the occasional tear... it's beautiful 10/10
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!