Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Annabel Video
  • 85 Comments sorted by
  • AdamChineseSymbol: assume you work at Nowness?  Enjoy the site.  You guys have premiered some very tastefully selected music vids over the last couple of years.  So, did you tell "Annabel" that he was great in the video? 
    Post edited by HorseTearz at 2013-09-07 02:10:15
  • Ponygurl said:

...nurturing (sandwich) I actually got emotional over Alison's mother role. I think it's gorgeous.

Mommy Deerest? Sorry, you understand it was impossible to resist ;)
    LOVE tasted CRITICAL
  • stevil said:

i agree re: not being affected by this.....this is essential human condition portrayed through pure art.....what the Buddhists identify as Dukkha...all life is suffering.....i know this will probably receive a backlash....but if you haven't identified and experienced your "core pain"  as a human being...which we all have...either through avoidance or denial...then you won't get this video........this is core existence pain.......we all have it.....and until we all identify it .....we won't be free from its grasp.............fin

No backlash from me.  I love learning deep, thought-provoking stuff that is seldom discussed.  Interesting.  Not that I am full boat into Buddhism.  I have a few disagreements but I also can be considered totally whacked.  But, interesting.  Kudos for saying something deep!  And, insteresting!

What if all that "core pain" is like water off a duck's back?

Now, watch me get gashed.
  • Since this computer is running in safe mode with networking, it has no sound.  So, I just watched the video silently (which is the only way I can watch it).  I wonder what the song sounds like.  Maybe I'm the only person on here who hasn't yet heard it.
  • AdamChineseSymbol: assume you work at Nowness?  Enjoy the site.  You guys have premiered some very tastefully selected music vids over the last couple of years.  So, did you tell "Annabel" that he was great in the video? 

I was under his parents' watchful gaze while I was just chatting to him about starting GCSEs the next day, lol. He is very charming in person and clearly has a vision of a showbiz career.

Lisa said he was very keen on set, constantly asking for more direction. That's probably why he was so good.
    not much to say over at nowness.com
  • A_is_A said:

Ponygurl said:

...nurturing (sandwich) I actually got emotional over Alison's mother role. I think it's gorgeous.

Mommy Deerest? Sorry, you understand it was impossible to resist ;)

You don't know how relieved I was when she took the wire hanger off the dress before putting it in the bag.
    U R I E L
    What is done in the dark will always come to light
  • Its weird but i initially felt annabel was too short of a song, then i realized it fit into A&W's description of "character sketches".. and seeing the videohelped me appreciate the song more.. as in there's a difference in resolution... the string/Alison's vocal buildup at the end leaves the song and annabel's predicament in ambiguity, reflection whereas i see more of a decision, awakening in the video with the dress and annabel prancing about..
  • Is there any news of a single release. On vinyl picture disc would be nice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!