Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • I wanted a cd dvd especial ed :((
  • Well, several listens later I'm a little bit in love with this album. I think we're gonna be very happy together :)

On a side note TOU has also converted one of my friends to the joys of the frapp!

• ping said:

Well, several listens later I'm a little bit in love with this album. I think we're gonna be very happy together :)

I played it none-stop for a 12 mile walk up the north east coastal path this morning. Beaches, cliffs and sea to the horizon.

Don't think I've been so bewitched by a new album for a good long while. Just as sublime on a sunny day outside as it was tucked under the duvet this morning in the hinterland between sleep & waking.

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Very glad Alison has rolled out a whole swathe of MumbleVoice™ too - just feels more intimate and inclusive somehow when she sings like that.

Sounds heavenly.....sits on hands.
    chokka said:

I don't have any of TOU yet......

*feels like last toy on the shelf*

Me neither...so you are not alone.
    '' Sometimes I think I've felt everything I'm ever going to feel and from here on out I'm not going to feel anything new, just lesser versions of what I've already felt ''
  • I've played Drew and Annabel a few times, but am saving myself for the real deal / full package - tomorrow. :)
  • TOU is currently sitting at #61 in the UK itunes chart on pre-orders, wonder what it'll be able to do tomorrow? 
  • I've only got 1 "download" left - for my WAVs. I just hope to crap it's actually available at 9:30!
  • Is Goldfrapp one of those acts that hit the charts at around 15 for a day and then disappear?
    Post edited by iuventus at 2013-09-08 17:05:10
    If I were dead, could I do this?
  • I've only got 1 "download" left - for my WAVs. I just hope to crap it's actually available at 9:30!

I don't think they could argue if you rang to ask before trying to push it back to 5 again. After all, nobody has been able to download it yet so if their page had worked everybody should still be on 5!
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Yes, I should - maybe.

Although probably I'll just wait til others are able to get theirs.

Nice to read members' opinions on ToU by the way. Sounds like a grower.

• don't get it why it says avaiable but you can't download till after 09:30 tomorrow morning....
    it should say avaiable 9/9/13 at 09:30 for e.g....
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • It's midnight in the UK soon, yes? Shame we can't download it at midnight. :(
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Vesper said:

Does the booklet indicate which instruments are used in each song ? I wanna know for Simone, since it looks like the most sumptuous track.

There's quite a long section - the standard band and what they played, specifics outside of that for certain tracks and all the strings section too. It's VERY detailed!

Great. :)
  • 1h:25m till midnight here J.....

Ordered vinyl off sandbag hopefully comes in the morning, cd came saturday morning. :)
    Just Keep Things Simple.....
    Love Goldfrapp.....
  • Jozzy, yeah, I mentioned/complained about the stupid "available" notice... earlier in the thread. Even worse is that there is a download "counter" that decreases when you click-to-download.. even though it doesn't let you download yet... doh! Stranger said it's been screwed like that for over a month.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!