Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by

• Right, I've caved & I'm listening on Spotify :x

Luckily my office has a pretty nifty sound system & I am here alone.
  • Una said:

Right, I've caved & I'm listening on Spotify :x

I have Spotify at home all nicely installed and raring to go but it's soooooo close now that I just want to try and wait. It's bloody hard though!

Only upside is that my Sandbag CD has apparently dispatched so may even arrive tomorrow if it has a good following wind. Between that and the WAV files I'll be sure to have a full quality way to listen on the day.

Hope you're enjoying it, Una  - whichever route that's the main thing, of course! :)
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Just 4 more days until we US peeps get to listen. I'm beyond excited. This is without question my most anticipated album release of the year!
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • I'm easily confused, but... there's a 'Joey' and a 'Jo_ey' on here, right? 2 different people?
  • Sh*t I'm annoyed: I checked Clay on Spotify and the plonk is intact. I suppose that means it is permanent and present on every format. Yay, not.
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • I agree on what komet said. It's not the right weather right now for listening to the album for the first time. At least not for me. So hopefully Monday will be kind of rainy and dark and moody. Perhaps a dramatic sunset could evoke a similar effect...?

anyway looking forward to that tv appearance. wonder which song they are going to play. probably drew, maybe (a mashup of) both?
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-06 11:49:50
    Be patient.
  • It's dark, rainy, properly moody and blowing a gale here.......but we've not got the album yet on proper physical release.

Timing!

A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Is it really? it's hard to imagine in the boiling heat of the sun only a few miles away...

Right then I would definitely give it a spin already.

Ha! it's ALL about timing.
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-06 11:54:11
    Be patient.

• Stranger said:

Sh*t I'm annoyed: I checked Clay on Spotify and the plonk is intact. I suppose that means it is permanent and present on every format. Yay, not.

i had to really listen to hear it. and i don't think i would've noticed it if you didn't keep banging on about it. i think its just a guitar string anyhow, and even if it isn't thats what i'm sticking too.  :-\"
  • I hope to god Sandbag don't screw up the boxset orders. I can just foresee something going horribly wrong and then us being completely ignored when trying to get in contact with them.

• It's beautiful Carpy :)  But you already know that!  I definitely made the right choice, sure there is no way I will be able to blare the CD when I get home anyway, little one to bed and all that.

I really hope your CD arrive tomorrow!!!!!

Yep, pretty sure there are two Joeys HJ.

• ^ Yeah, it's confusing. Maybe the one that was 'Caravan Boy' could revert to that? LOL

Glad you like what you've heard Una. I don't use spotify... I'm still gonna wait til I can listen to the full-quality versions. Less than 3 days now. And yes, it is indeed rainy and dark and moody where I am too.

• Well SOMEONE has only one download left from Sandbag.

That someone being me.

So. Will be needing confirmation it's up, lest I guess and muck it up. Booya.
  • Yes I'm newbie "Joey" :) Sorry about the confusion.
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Wonderful magic Goldfrapp, you've done it again xx
    My husband and I met -02 and possibly created our glorious son Jo to the music of Felt Mountain.
    The name for Jo if he'd been a girl would have been Annabel. Gave us a jolt :)
    We love you and your new album.
    Lots love from Norway, come play x

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!