Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • Stranger said:

What Rewak says: it says available. You click. It's not there. Download count (starts with 5) decreases by one count...

Put your hands in the air for Sandbag people! (I hate to say I told you so but Sandbag should rename themselves to Sandbollocks).

They have the name SHITBAG on the other forum I use , products are good but their customer service is  atrocious when I had to use it ....I say "service" , I mean "fucking ignored me" .
    "Read my posts and see why we`re not allowed nice things anymore"
    photo 5a6eb769-bc12-4596-bbe8-709fc2bb0d5e.jpg
    "Brought to you straight from the People`s Republic of There`s Something Wrong With You . The Hoi Polloi Capital of the World"
  • How frigging stupid!

People aren't sure just when their (download) product is gonna be available... so they naturally click on the link/button to see if it is yet. This decrements a counter, which, when it reaches zero - will prevent them from getting their purchase at all!  [-X

• How frigging stupid!

People aren't sure just when their (download) product is gonna be available... so they naturally click on the link/button to see if it is yet. This decrements a counter, which, when it reaches zero - will prevent them from getting their purchase at all!  [-X

It was like this from DAY ONE.
    I e-mailed sandbag months ago that their order page had an error in it which led to a no-download but download count decrease. To quote @Sartori"fucking ignored me". So the error is still there, months later, reported to them months earlier. Welcome to Sandbag. This is typical Sandbag actually, if not worse in many cases.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-09-06 08:49:10
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • Riiiiiiiiight.

Updates for you from Sandbag as at 13:40 today

Sigh.

1) Although the digital downloads are marked as "Available" they're not. They'll "look into why they're marked as such" at this time but they shouldn't be. They do not go live for download until Monday, probably around 9:30am or so.

2) If any of you have been trying to call the 01189 569 183 number listed on the Goldfrapp store pages and having no success then that's because they have a completely wrong number used and it should really be listed as 01189 505 812. They'll "see about correcting it".

So, as others have said, ignore the status showing, don't try and download now and wait until Monday morning. Things should be there then.

Hope that helps some folks in advance.
    Post edited by The_Carpathian at 2013-09-06 08:44:52
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • Do you get the poster with the standard cd ?. I really hope so.
    JAMIE CARRAGHER= LEGEND
  • Riiiiiiiiight.
    Sigh.

That.
    Post edited by Stranger at 2013-09-06 08:47:59
    “Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous." — Queen Victoria
  • cw36frapp said:

Do you get the poster with the standard cd ?. I really hope so.

The poster is listed as being with the vinyl, alongside the free cd copy in there too.
  • Thanks Carpy. I did try to ring that number, was always "busy". How did you contact them, out of interest?
  • Searched for their Twitter, found another number mentioned, googled that and confirmed it as the right one. Called it and bingo.
  • What record have a gatefold vinyl + poster + cd. Is that what other shops have?
    http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58645.htm
  • ping said:

What record have a gatefold vinyl + poster + cd. Is that what other shops have?
    http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/58645.htm

Yeah, from all the listings and pics I've seen so far it does appear to be the one available everywhere with eveything included......unless anybody out there knows any better?
  • Stranger said:

Can somebody who bought the album today confirm that there is indeed still that annoying 2:14 PLONK in Clay on the actual cd release?! I hear it is?

If I am thinking of the same thing as you, there is a tiny glitch, almost sounding like some metal percussion. I ripped the cd into Apple Lossless
    Post edited by AdamChineseSymbol at 2013-09-06 09:33:03
    not much to say over at nowness.com
  • It's a weird sound which is not a guitar string pluck or anything related to the instruments being played, at 2:14/2:15. It was there in the press stream, then someone said it was gone from later press streams, this morning a friend who bought the cd early off the shelf e-mailed me and said on the cd it is there and very noticeable. I haven't heard anything myself yet: like the others who ordered it through the Store I'll have to wait until Monday to download the master wavs. I pray to God they fixed it but my fear is they did not.
  • Does this glitch destroy the song? That sucks. :(
    I had a king in a tenement castle, lately he's taken to painting the pastel walls brown. He's taken the curtains down. He's swept with the broom of contempt, and the rooms have an empty ring. He's cleaned with the tears of an actor who fears for the laughter's sting...
  • Joey said:

Does this glitch destroy the song? That sucks. :(

Destroy? No. Annoy? Yes. I hope there will be an instrumental promo without it, so with some 1:1 cutting and pasting somebody might be able to remove it for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!