Welcome to the new Goldfrapp forum. Enjoy your new home! X
Tales Of Us - 6th album - 09/09/2013
  • 1197 Comments sorted by
  • Got it now. Nice booklet. Stylistically it looks a bit like the Human video clip. There's a white horse in the dark forest on the page of Alvar. Will is on the page of Clay. Lyrics are hand written by Alison. Will give it a listen now. :-)
  • If any of you guys use spotify the album's available there now
  • Komet_16 said:

Got it now. Nice booklet. Stylistically it looks a bit like the Human video clip. There's a white horse in the dark forest on the page of Alvar. Will is on the page of Clay. Lyrics are hand written by Alison. Will give it a listen now. :-)

I was hoping they'd go with handwritten lyrics to keep the style of the artwork so far in tact. Excellent news.
    A million fires before your harvest comes. To burn out.
    Wear the mask of a heathen. For the moon's lonely eyes.
  • ping said:

If any of you guys use spotify the album's available there now

Arrrgh, another temptation to try and make me not wait until Monday - getting so tough now!
  • ^ I'm not gonna make it through the weekend, I've pretty much accepted this.
  • *grits teeth* I'm determined to wait til Monday. It'll actually be the first album I've downloaded in uncompressed format.
  • *grits teeth* I'm determined to wait til Monday. It'll actually be the first album I've downloaded in uncompressed format.

Same here - I've got the cd and Deluxe on order from Sandbag so don't expect to see them on Monday but I'm buying the vinyl that day and there's a CD in there. Either way I'll not get to hear it until I get home from work UNLESS the Sandbag WAV files are 'live' from silly early Monday morning and I can grab them before I go to work.

If I don't get them it'll be a looooooooong day!
  • Could you not download them at work?
  • I have never been happier coming to work, to find these on my desk!!!
    not much to say over at nowness.com
  • So, after the first listen I'm a bit underwhelmed to be honest. Maybe it's the sunny and warm weather out there which kills the mood for an album like this. I know this can change and some albums I didn't get at first I loved later on (sometimes it took even some years to finaly get them). Some songs sound quite the same to me right now. Alvar seem to lead nowhere. I like my fair share of drama. FM was a mellow album but a good amount of drama and eccentricity. I miss this on TOU. Annabel, Drew, Thea, Stranger and Laurel stick out to me at the moment. Thea has to be a single! The albums ends a bit aprubtly with Clay's last sounds.
    Blood red moon, lemon moon, hungry moon, moonlit tear, the word "light" in many songs - too many sleepless nights, Alison? ;-)
    Post edited by Komet_16 at 2013-09-06 06:04:10
  • Could you not download them at work?

A whole album of 24bit WAVS, on our work proxy server or my 4G data allowance?

Lovely idea but it's a very strong no on both counts!

My home unlimited fibre, however, shall be hammered with them as soon as they're up and ready :D
  • So is the CD coming in a slipcase?!?! :)
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-06 06:05:13
    Be patient.
  • HolyOwl said:

So is the CD coming in a slipcase?!?! :)

Indeed! The poster that comes with the vinyl is a genuine surprise!
  • <3 The handwritten lyrics <3
    Post edited by AdamChineseSymbol at 2013-09-06 06:11:58
  • Thanks! Love me some surprising posters. Showing titties and balloons by any chance?
    Post edited by HolyOwl at 2013-09-06 06:17:15
    Be patient.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!